Renault Carminat hourglass without SD card

miegas
miegas Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Hi all,

Maybe there is topic about my problem, but I can't found. I driving 2011 Renault Master with Carminat. Problem starts when van was parked for while.
I have hourglass with card and without card. I have format cd card but still the same problem, deleted loopdir folder, but still the same problem. Today I will try with new empty sd card. I don't using navigator, but I can't see time, outside temp and radio station.

Regards

Comments

• Zsolt
    Zsolt Posts: 36,014
     Superuser
    Have a look at the soft reset instructions here:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965/
  • miegas
    miegas Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I try, but this does't work. I put empty sd card, but no results...
  • Zsolt
    Zsolt Posts: 36,014
     Superuser
    Give a call then to TT CS to see what else they can recommend.
  • Troubadix12
    Troubadix12 Registered Users Posts: 2,022
    Revered Voyager
    Hi Gozemoos,

welcome to the TomTom-Community :)

Which model did you have? TomTom Carminat (older one) or TomTom Carminat 2.0 Live (newer one)?

Regards

Troubadix12
  • Gozemoos
    Gozemoos Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Carminat ToTom and software tomtom home 2
    My original deliverd SDcard with Benelux on it is working ok.
    A year ago I have bought Europe also an need a larger SD card.
    The larger SD card works ok but since yesterday afte upgrading cards the SD card cannot start the navigation in the carminat.
    (Renault senic)
  • Troubadix12
    Revered Voyager
    Hi Gozemoos,

I hope, you have a full Backup of your SD-Card in any folder of your choice on your PC. If not, now it's the time to do it. ;)

As I know, there should be a Folder "Europe" on your SD-Card. In this Folder should be a File named "MapSettings.cfg". Rename it maybe to "MapSettings.cfg.org". You loose Favorites and HomeTarget and some personally settings.

Regards

Troubadix12
  • Gozemoos
    Apprentice Seeker
    Unfortunately I cannot find "MapSettings.cfg" Not on SD card and not in different TOMTOM directories on PC. There are no *.cfg files and no mapset*.* files.
    At the moment I have a working SD card but I cannot find the Europe countries I hav bought the Europe map.
  • Troubadix12
    Revered Voyager
    OK, is there a folder "loopdir"?
  • Gozemoos
    Apprentice Seeker
    yes
  • Troubadix12
    Revered Voyager
    Delete or Rename this Folder. It should be new created when you insert the SD in your Carminat. The Disadvantage is, that you loose your favorites, your Home-Target and some personal settings. The File "loopback.ex3" in that folder is a 15MB big Linux-Partition. If you mount it, you found a folder "Europe" in it and there you found the "MapSettings.cfg". If you delete "loopback.ex3" or the Folder "loopdir", it is like a "reset to default". Sometimes, if you install a new Map, the "MapSettings.cfg" "dismatch" to the Map. Then it results in a bootloop.

Regards

Troubadix12
  • Bo Hauch
    Bo Hauch Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have exactly the same problem (alternating hourglas and start screen)
    I have a Carminat version 9.884 and Europe version 995.8507 in a Renault Grand Scenic.

I just updated the map to day and got the new version of the navigation program too.

I have deleted loopback.ex3 in loopdir, but same error.

Any ideas?