NDS maps(incremental updates)-For GO mobile apps

Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
edited January 23 in Map quality
You have promised daily map updates a few years ago and a new map type called NDS.
Will NDS ever be available for Tomtom Go and Go Mobile?

Comments

• Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
    Too bad, that Map Share and immediate map correction functions are not available in the Go mobile app.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Met-Mann,

Thanks for your feedback!

We're working hard on support for the new NDS maps. Unfortunately, I don't have further information to share at this point but I'll post back here as soon as I do so stay tuned :D

Map error reporting has been planned for the GO Mobile for iPhone and I'm quite sure this applies to the Android version as well.

I'll log your feedback to be reported to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • UrielUriel Posts: 598 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    There is map error reporting in-app for Android - but AFAIK no mapshare info comes back - just the quarterly updates.

Compared to MSR - online users don't see much feedback on it though. If you're lucky you might see a correction in the map one day.

It would be useful to be able to keep track of our in-app reports the same way that can be done with MSR.

I'm hoping that one day TT will restore a function like the old Nav3 mapshare. In that case, as soon as a user made a change (e.g. a closed road) on their device, it would be live for their own use. If you've got a closed road or changed one way street etc nearby with wrong info, it's really annoying that you have to wait several months for a map-release for the app to take account of it.