Connecting watch will not open MySports website — TomTom Community

Connecting watch will not open MySports website

hunchermuncherhunchermuncher Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
I have just replaced my old TomTom watch with a new TomTom Runner 2 GPS Watch. It connects fine to the software on my Mac and uploads information to Strava. Previously when I connected my watch to the Mac the TomTom software opened My Sports and Strava websites. Now it doesn't do that - I have to open them manually. I can't see anything in the settings to correct this.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    I have just replaced my old TomTom watch with a new TomTom Runner 2 GPS Watch. It connects fine to the software on my Mac and uploads information to Strava. Previously when I connected my watch to the Mac the TomTom software opened My Sports and Strava websites. Now it doesn't do that - I have to open them manually. I can't see anything in the settings to correct this.

It is likely a browser issue. I would start with clearing the browser cache and trying and if that fails, give Customer Support a call. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi. Have you changed the 'Show new activities' checkbox on the settings page (cog icon, top right) of MySports Connect?

That controls whether it will open any new activities automatically.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • hunchermuncherhunchermuncher Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I cleared my browser history and that has done the trick! Many thanks, David.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    I cleared my browser history and that has done the trick! Many thanks, David.

Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • PLAYBPLAYB Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi, i have the same problem. the diffrence is, this is my first tom tom, i have tom tom spark. every time register device, firefox try's to open and got stuck every single time. I normaly use chrome, but i gues this should be the problem? any help thnx...
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    PLAYB wrote:
    hi, i have the same problem. the diffrence is, this is my first tom tom, i have tom tom spark. every time register device, firefox try's to open and got stuck every single time. I normaly use chrome, but i gues this should be the problem? any help thnx...
    Hi, don't know why firefox isn't working, but Sports Connect will open the default browser. So you can associate the default program to open .html as Chrome.

1. In Windows click the start button and type 'Default Programs' into the search box and click the match
    2. Click the 'Set Default Programs' entry
    3. Select Chome and click 'Set the program as default'
    4. Click 'Choose defaults for this program'
    5. Unless you want to use some other browser for some types click 'Select All', otherwise pick the ones you want
    6. Click Save

That should cause the browser opened by Sports Connect to be Chrome.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • NtozieNtozie Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    HI Ihave tomtom spark 3 so my problem is that when I stop running and stop the watch,
    its changes the time like it was 7:00 AM change to be 20:h00 please help me
    Thank you.