No turn by turn voice instructions on the RIDER 400 when driving

zorrodelftzorrodelft Posts: 2
edited January 24 in RIDER
I have had TomTom riders for 10 years. I just bought a new Rider 400 . I have selected a voice...Ken...which works in the headset when I select it but as soon as I am on a route there are no instructions... sounds are on....I hear camera alerts and estimated end of jouney announcement but thats all... Any ideas??

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Check if next to the volume slider on the right, by accident you didn't turn off the spoken instructions.
  • I'll try riding with the 400 again tomorrow and see if I can get it to work with Spoken instruction hi-lighted. I thought I had tried that already but worth another go. Thanks for the input Zsolt.
  • whyhaveonewhyhaveone Posts: 52 [Legendary Explorer]
    Only one voice has turn by turn instructions with the street names - Serena.

You also need to make sure that all the spoken instruction sliders are on under: settings>voices.
  • marcop1952marcop1952 Posts: 43 [Master Explorer]
    Pity only one "turn by turn voice" on the Rider 400. And for me, "Serena" does not have a very strong voice. It would seem that TomTom only changes things, when there is enough complaints/feedback on the problem. e.g waypoints and destinations.
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    You could try to send a mail to TT CS and ask for another TTS voice.