Transfer My Places from GO 5100 to GO 40 — TomTom Community

Transfer My Places from GO 5100 to GO 40

almostherealmosthere Posts: 69 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I've read related posts here about this but nothing works or makes sense. My 2 devices are on the same account but My Places on the 5100 won't appear on the 40, even though it's bluetoothed and tethered to my smartphone or connected to my PC. I tried using the TomTom Content transfer assistant, but regardless of which device I attach first I get the message "you cannot transfer items to this device". This doesn't make any sense because the previous instruction window says to connect the device you want to transfer items from, not to. According to the compatability charts, it should be possible to transfer items between these devices.
Is itreally not possible to transfer items between these devices?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Support to call:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Are you logged into MyDrive on both devices?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,452
    Superusers
    Hi

See Tomtom video Using MyDriveRoute Planner.....

Syncing Favorites is shown around 2Minutes 10Seconds
    You need to be logged on the MyDrive Accounts on the SatNav devices you wish to sync with the MyDriveRoute Planner.....
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com

ATB YFM
  • almostherealmosthere Posts: 69 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks, but I can already import POV, GPX, create favourites etc., but this doesn't show anything about sending existing 'My Places' locations from one device to another.
    If anyone here has actually got their existing Favourite/My Places locations to sync with a second device, please tell me exactly how you did it.