Maps downgraded on Start 25 — TomTom Community

Maps downgraded on Start 25

Hi guys,
I bought an used gps (start 25) with an installed 905.xxxx maps of Europe.
I wanted to format the internal memory of the device and inserted a memory card to download and install the map on it.

After I uninstalled the map from device memory - with my drive connect, then I was not able to reinstall the same map, only an oldest (880.xxxx) was available.

My question is, how could this happen and how can I have again the 905.xxxx map instead of 880.xxxx ?

Thanks,
Julian

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Send a mail to TT CS. It shouldn't have happened as the maps and other services are connected to the device, not the user.
  • Julian JuJulian Ju Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you Zsolt, I'll do.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Julian,

Welcome to the Community!

You seem to have two devices registered on your TomTom account. You have a running Map Update Service subscription for your GO LIVE 825 but not for your Start 25. Please note, that services are device specific.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

yes, that's true that I have two registered devices with my account:
    - Via Live 135 with paid and valid map update & live services
    - Start 25 - bought as used device with installed 905.xxxx version of Europe map
    I wanted to have the map from Start 25 internal memory onto memory card (same version - 905.xxxx, no update...). The problem is that after internal memory format I was not able to download the 905.xxxx version, only an oldest one 880.xxxx.

Regards,
    Julian
    I called previous owner and gave back the device. From my point of view the problem is solved...