Add an entire video to the Story with overlay — TomTom Community

Add an entire video to the Story with overlay

timgreene1974timgreene1974 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
It still doesn't seem possible to do this via the desktop editing software, although it was said that this was going to be dealt with in the discussion below:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-477/add-an-entire-video-to-the-story-992943

Any idea when that feature might be incorporated?

I have an eight minute continuous run from top to bottom of one resort and it doesn't make sense to split it up. I can add music etc via other video editing software, but I would like the speed overlay. I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to do something along these lines, the speedo overlay is one of the real standout features of the Bandit that made it stand out ahead of the competition for me, so not being able to use it in full videos is a real disappointment.

I look forward to your advice. Cheers!

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Tim,

Welcome to the Community!

The editing options in the Bandit app and Bandit Studio Beta are geared towards quickly making stories with highlights of the best moments. When you mark a highlight it's by default 6 seconds but you can adjust it [user manual].

I've noticed that once you've e.g. lengthened a highlight to its maximum you can increase its lenghts more by reopening it. This can be rather tedious with very long clips, though.

I'll log your feedback to be reported to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • timgreene1974timgreene1974 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Mikko, very much appreciated. I've also noticed a problem with adding a soundtrack using the desktop Studio. I have set up a separate discussion for that.

Best,
    Tim
  • ejb001ejb001 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Very much would like to have the same featur as TIM indicated! So GPS speeds possible on longtracks. And to do this without the current tedious process of lengthy the clip........