Traffic on a VIA 1535TM — TomTom Community

Traffic on a VIA 1535TM

I have a Tom Tom VIA 1535TM--just bought it. I am using the correct cord to plug it in (the one with the egg shaped bulge). But it will not connect to traffic--I just get the annoying spinning circle of infinite search. I have updated it several times and yet no traffic. I live in Western Michigan and travel quite frequently to Grand Rapids. I have tried to manually connect and it says it cannot find the station. I bought the device for the traffic and maps.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,209 Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Here is the coverage area:

http://www.ttwnetwork.com/index.php/solutions/2013-04-02-15-39-16/coverageareas

Support:

United States
    866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST
  • Mav434Mav434 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I tried it twice in my drive and had no change. I will try again on Monday when I am in the heart of the traffic. (Of course I will not do this while driving.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,552 Superuser
    The Grand Rapids area only has coverage on weekday rush hours (see http://metrotraffic.org/CoverageAreas/)
  • Mav434Mav434 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It doesn't seem to matter when I try it. I have done the drum roll 4time in the last 2 day (Monday and Tuesday) and tried to manually input the frequencies and I get the infinite spinning wheel of searching and a cannot find that station. I think this is a lemon--I think Tom Tom's quality has taken a dive for the worse.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,209 Superusers
    If you just bought it new, the combo rds antenna/car charger should be under warranty. Give support a call.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,552 Superuser
    Any chance you are not using the US version of the receiver? Is there a part number on it? (I don't have the correct part number in front of me but hopefully can find it.)