Syncing Mysports with Apple health app

giacom8giacom8 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
Ate there any plans on making my sports compatible with apple health app?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,171 [Superusers]
    giacom8 wrote:
    Ate there any plans on making my sports compatible with apple health app?

It is not currently, but you can sync sports activities by uploading to a third party site that does sync, like Strava, and syncing from there. You will not get daily activity tracking however, as that does not upload to partner sites. TT has given no indication when (or even if) they plan to link to Apple Health or Google Health (or any other health tracking site). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • BeanbagBeanbag Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I think it's very poor TomTom doesn't integrate properly with Apple Health. They only read data but don't write so any steps I log with my TomTom Spark are not logged properly.

Moreover, TomTom doesn't read weight data from Apple Health so it's hard to keep these metrics up to date. For example, I use a Withings Smart Body Analyser to track weight and fat, however while Withings writes to Apple Health (thereby sharing the data collected with other apps), TomTom does not read this.

I've only had my TomTom Spark for about 2 weeks and I love it. Much better than carrying an iPhone, however there are some serious limitations that TomTom must address. They are only software related so it is possible. If TomTom want to be taken seriously as a professional sports watch, they must start addressing the Apple Health issues.
  • SatsMarsianSatsMarsian Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Agree on all replies above. I really like my Runner 3 watch and the sports app but not being able to sync my activities to Health/ activities app on iOS is very bad. Many of my friends are comparing their progress using the activities app. Because of this I am not able to participate ?. Please include this support in a future version!!
    Agree on all replies above. I really like my Runner 3 watch and the sports app but not being able to sync my activities to Health/ activities app on iOS is very bad. Many of my friends are comparing their progress using the activities app. Because of this I am not able to participate ?. Please include this support in a future version!!

You can link to Apple Health but only to bring data from Apple into MySports, not the other way around. This is a limitation set by Apple, not TT, so there is really not anything TT can do about it until Apple changes their policy.
  • SatsMarsianSatsMarsian Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Health gets data from Runkeeper and a lot of other apps. Quote from Apple: “HealthKit stores data from apps on iPhone and Apple Watch”.
    Health gets data from Runkeeper and a lot of other apps. Quote from Apple: “HealthKit stores data from apps on iPhone and Apple Watch”.

I am not sure what that has to do with anything. Apple has chosen to work with some apps and manufacturers and not others. It depends on the market share and user base overlap between the companies and if they feel there is a cost benefit to do so. Considering TT has left the wearable market and is no longer producing devices, I highly doubt that Apple is going to incorporate them now.
  • gemmavincentgemmavincent Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Beanbag wrote:
    I think it's very poor TomTom doesn't integrate properly with Apple Health. They only read data but don't write so any steps I log with my TomTom Spark are not logged properly.

Moreover, TomTom doesn't read weight data from Apple Health so it's hard to keep these metrics up to date. For example, I use a Withings Smart Body Analyser to track weight and fat, however while Withings writes to Apple Health (thereby sharing the data collected with other apps), TomTom does not read this.

I've only had my TomTom Spark for about 2 weeks and I love it. Much better than carrying an iPhone, however there are some serious limitations that TomTom must address. They are only software related so it is possible. If TomTom want to be taken seriously as a professional sports watch, they must start addressing the Apple Health issues.Agree on all replies above. I really like my Runner 3 watch and the sports app but not being able to sync my activities to Health/ activities app on iOS is very bad. Many of my friends are comparing their progress using the activities app. Because of this I am not able to participate ?. Please include this support in a future version!!

I totally agree. I love my watch but it’s so frustrating that the steps aren’t shared to Apple health.