Exporting & Importing run files between computers & accounts? — TomTom Community

Exporting & Importing run files between computers & accounts?

Bri212Bri212 Posts: 29 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I borrowed my wife's watch for a couple of runs, I wish to export the files from her mysports account then import them back into mine, I have just figured out how to export files to Strava so I guess it's a similar thing, gpx .tcx .csv .fit .kml .pwx, these are the file type options given, which one should I use, I used the .Fit for strava, I know now after trial & error how to export them from an account & save to the computer, presumably I just put them on a memory stick then copy to my computer, but How do I then import them into my TomTom mysports account, I can't quite figure that bit out as yet as I can't find an import function?

P.S. when you first use Strava & connect your TomTom then authorise it to upload, is it supposed to automatically upload older runs, or just any you do next after the date of installation, have now done some manually though for Jan?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    Bri212 wrote:
    I borrowed my wife's watch for a couple of runs, I wish to export the files from her mysports account then import them back into mine, I have just figured out how to export files to Strava so I guess it's a similar thing, gpx .tcx .csv .fit .kml .pwx, these are the file type options given, which one should I use, I used the .Fit for strava, I know now after trial & error how to export them from an account & save to the computer, presumably I just put them on a memory stick then copy to my computer, but How do I then import them into my TomTom mysports account, I can't quite figure that bit out as yet as I can't find an import function?

P.S. when you first use Strava & connect your TomTom then authorise it to upload, is it supposed to automatically upload older runs, or just any you do next after the date of installation, have now done some manually though for Jan?

It is not as easy as just copying and pasting files and there is no way to import activities directly into MySports. You will need to force them to reupload to your account. To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following (double clicking the ttbin no longer does anything):

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:

PC Syncing: The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices: Locate the ttbin files in iTunes:
    1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    2. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    3. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    4. Select MySports.
    5. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    6. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices: In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/). Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number] - Make sure it is the fodler for yoru watch, not yoru wife's.
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

For your PS, when you set up a platform to upload to, it only uploads go forward, it will not go back and re upload old activities. Fotr that you would need to follow the steps above. You can also always just export a fit file from MySports and then manually import it into the site of your choice. They all allow for manual importing. TT is going to eventually add the ability to export to partner sites directly from MySports but I don't know when that is coming.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RunnerMom67RunnerMom67 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When I go to users on my C: drive, and find TomTomSports, my watch is not listed. The only things there are deviceinfo.dat and preferences.dat . There is no other information there. Currently I'm unable to export my data at all. Any help is appreciated.
  • CraigkennyNZCraigkennyNZ Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I've followed that process and transferred a folder from one computer to mine, however can't find the "Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files." Has something changed where there isn't a 'Try Again' button now? Thanks.