Button on Multisport watch stuck — TomTom Community

Button on Multisport watch stuck

JAshtonJAshton Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
The button on my multisport watch seems to have jammed. Can I do something to release it or does it need a repair? It is still connecting to the computer and has downloaded the most recent activity data.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,654
    Superusers
    JAshton wrote:
    The button on my multisport watch seems to have jammed. Can I do something to release it or does it need a repair? It is still connecting to the computer and has downloaded the most recent activity data.

TomTom does not offer a repair service but the button would be covered under warranty if you are still in your warranty period. If out of warranty they will likely replace the unit with a new (or reconditioned) one for a fee (the rate depends on the model). You will need to Contact Customer Support to get the process started. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

If it appears that the button is simply suck in, you may be able to gently reach under it with a pin to pop it out, but be careful not to break it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • alko12alko12 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi I know this an old topic but I had the same issue when I ride my bike. In my case the right press button took several hard presses before it would move the display until it got to a point where pausing and restarting during a workout was almost impossible, I had to use several really hard presses to get out of pause mode again, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't budge so I just gave up.

Anyway the way to resolve it (other than send it back for repair if still in warranty) is to remove the metal surround on the operation button (it comes off without to much problem with a fingernail) the surround has four longer lugs that click into a small slot you can see on the base of the button surround. What has happened is the pressure pad that this lug contacts with has moved into the watch very slightly, either through wear and tear or use) all you need to do is cut a tiny bit of either electrical tape ( I used Gorilla tape) cut it really thin to the width of the lug, just stick the tape to the front side of the lug run it over the end overlapping the end of the lug and stick the reminder to the back so it has now made it slightly longer. You only need one layer of the gorilla tape as it is thicker, but may need two strips of the thinner electrical tap. Now just click the surround back in and voila the button works like new again. Hope this helps as I know a lot of people have had this problem and it's very frustrating. Cheers
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0