Upload history from TomTom MySports to strava

Boy van OppenBoy van Oppen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Sync from the watch to both tom tom mysports and strava is working correctly.
But i want to download some older runs already in mysports and upload it to strava (just recently joint strava)
how to do that?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,190 [Superusers]
    Sync from the watch to both tom tom mysports and strava is working correctly.
    But i want to download some older runs already in mysports and upload it to strava (just recently joint strava)
    how to do that?

To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following (double clicking the ttbin no longer does anything):

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:

PC Syncing: The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices: Locate the ttbin files in iTunes:
    1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    2. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    3. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    4. Select MySports.
    5. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    6. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices: In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/). Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

You can also always just export a fit file from MySports and then manually import it into the site of your choice. They all allow for manual importing. TT is going to eventually add the ability to export to partner sites directly from MySports but I don't know when that is coming.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Boy van OppenBoy van Oppen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks a lot this works perfectly!!
  • A-liekeA-lieke Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi!

I followed these steps:

3. Place the ttbin files in C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

...and it worked perfectly - for all my history until Dec 2016. I would like to also import my 'newer history' from Jan 2017 to now. Repeating the steps doesn't seem to work (thought it might be some mid-millennial bug but no).

I also tried exporting to .gpx, .tcx and .fit but during manual upload Strava tells me the activity is already there (it's not, clicking on the suggested link shows me a Dec 2016 activity).

Can someone make sense from this and please advise how to distill my last year's progress? All files are still on my watch and also visible in TomTom Connect so at least they're not lost..

Thanks a lot!
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [TomTom Employee]
    Hi. You are restarting Sports Connect? Closing the window doesn't exit the program, you need to use the Exit option from the menu bar icon. Assuming you are exiting then can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced section of the Sports Connect Settings page (cog icon, top right) and I will investigate.
    Thanks,
    Stuart.
  • A-liekeA-lieke Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your reply. I exited the program, restarted and just submitted my app data. Thanks for investigating!
    A-lieke wrote:
    Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your reply. I exited the program, restarted and just submitted my app data. Thanks for investigating!
    [EDIT] Sorry, cut-n-paste problem. Found the logs. Having a look just now. Thanks.

Hi. Was the watch connected when you sent the logs? I don't see any logs for your watch (if the watch isn't connected you are given a "reference id" which I need to find the logs, if the watch is connected the logs are associated with the serial number).

Can you use the 'Send now' button again. Thanks,
    Stuart.
    Hi, The only re-exports in the logs are working e.g.

2017-07-30 15:57:26.137 UTC|10|Information|RetryUtils::makeTTBinRetries|C:/Users/Axxxxxx/TomTom Sports/HRxxxxxxxxxx/Running_15-07-20.ttbin changed to retry 0x0091ffff-1501430246-0
    2017-07-30 15:57:52.858 UTC|10|Information|RetryUploader::onQueuedUploadResult|HRxxxxxxxxxx: FILE: Key 6 File 0x0091ffff RETRIED =>

https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activity/55643690
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1109068833

Note that .ttbin's placed in the [serial] folder will be retried automatically, so if there is only 1 then it is possible that it is uploaded and removed by the time you can open the Settings page.

Regards,
    Stuart.