Rider 400 won't restore after update

DriderDrider Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
edited January 22 in RIDER
It seems that after every update I lose my "My Places" on my Rider 400.
The Rider is connected to my MacBook by USB and I am signed in at both MyDrive on the Rider and MyDrive in my browser (with the same account).
At some point they come back. (I do not know how.)
It last for an hour now (again) already.
Disconnecting, switching the Rider off/on does not work.
In My Places I also cannot add Work with "Add Work". The button highlights when touched, but does not do anything.
Also at Search, it does not auto complete / offer adress suggestions when I start typing.

Comments

• DriderDrider Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Ow, there is a difference between "sleep" and "Turn off". That option shows if I hold the on/off button for 3 sec.
    After "Turn off" and -on again it's all restored. (all the time NOT connected via USB.)

So is this normal? Is this THE way to restore My Places and sort off Reset the Rider after an update ??
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Drider,

Welcome to the Community!

Sounds like there's an issue with the settings on your device. I'd first recommend you to reset your device by pressing and holding down the power button until you hear a drumming sound (ca 15 sec).

Should that not help you sort this out, I’d recommend you to set your device to recovery mode [support FAQ - Red X]. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Cheers, Mikko