Replace battery Golfer 1 — TomTom Community

Replace battery Golfer 1

JackSprattJackSpratt Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hi

Is it possible to replace battery in the Golfer 1 ?
Battery life has dropped a bit since purchase over a year ago so wondering if watch is kaput when battery dies.

Thanks
Jack

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    JackSpratt wrote:
    Hi

Is it possible to replace battery in the Golfer 1 ?
    Battery life has dropped a bit since purchase over a year ago so wondering if watch is kaput when battery dies.

Thanks
    Jack

No, the battery is not a user serviceable part and they do not offer a battery replacement service. You can try a factory reset which may help if there is a firmware issue impacting battery life.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • deep6462451666deep6462451666 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Right from the time I bought the TomTom Golfer 1, within couple months the battery started dying in less than 3 hours on the golf course. Now it barely holds charge for 2 hours. I called and emailed the company contact numbers and they just kept sending all fancy emails and deflecting, saying it is not within warranty anymore or asking for a receipt. Who keeps a receipt for more than a year. I took the risk of opening the back cover that involved 6 screws. Very carefully, I opened the watch and found out that there is no button like cell battery inside. And the battery there is, is a square skinny black flat plastic that is soldered to some metal parts. There goes the possibility of changing the battery. The watch is packed again and I use it only for 9 hole rounds. now. NOT buying ANY TOMTOM products ever. And will discourage all family and friends from buying any. If TOMTOM wants to do something about it.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on the public forum!
  • bbsscjbbsscj Posts: 1
    I have a similar problem with my TomTom Golfer, but if I use a USB power supply and attach it to my trolley it's fine. Better option than having to buy a new watch.
  • ronnykapteinronnykaptein Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the same problem. It was stupid of Tom TOm not to allow the watch to switch off. Also it promise to last 10 days on standby mode which is a lie, it only last 2 and half days.
  • elrudoelrudo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yeah, when i got the watch it was a nightmare. Before start my battery was empty. My iphone was all the time in the distance of max 2 meter.
    After getting to times an old course i leave the watch at home.
    Now i want to try again and once again my watch was empty before i can start.
    I now switched off the sync with my phone, perhaps this will work otherwise i give it up.

But agree with statement (do something with this battery issue)
    If you believe in your product then offer us a solution.
  • elrudoelrudo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Right from the time I bought the TomTom Golfer 1, within couple months the battery started dying in less than 3 hours on the golf course. Now it barely holds charge for 2 hours. I called and emailed the company contact numbers and they just kept sending all fancy emails and deflecting, saying it is not within warranty anymore or asking for a receipt. Who keeps a receipt for more than a year. I took the risk of opening the back cover that involved 6 screws. Very carefully, I opened the watch and found out that there is no button like cell battery inside. And the battery there is, is a square skinny black flat plastic that is soldered to some metal parts. There goes the possibility of changing the battery. The watch is packed again and I use it only for 9 hole rounds. now. NOT buying ANY TOMTOM products ever. And will discourage all family and friends from buying any. If TOMTOM wants to do something about it.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on the public forum!
    Is this one replaceable with a look-a-like of the internet? You make some pictures?
  • EschrjEschrj Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    TomTom offers no service to replace the battery. Via wish I found a 200 mAh replacement although “wired”. So you have to remove the mini printplate. Remove the cap from the old battery and fold the polar lips identical on the old cap. Mount the battery on to the contacts precisely.