New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.6 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.6 available for download

2»

Comments

• RobodonsterRobodonster Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Where is the long long long long :@waited "MYDRIVE" Sync, come TomTom you can do better than that....
  • MVCMVC Posts: 44 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Any news on my previously reported issues, namely...
    Poor text-to-speech for street names
    Double roundabouts 2nd roundabout instruction
    Tomtom Go lost all My Places when I changed my iPhone

Also, when there are map updates please can you prompt for all maps that are installed and not just the one being used. I normally use the UK and Ireland map but last year I had also installed the France map for our holiday but it was only when I got to France and changed the map that Tomtom decided to tell me that there was an update to that map. A 1GB download over poor WiFi and poor 3G was not much fun!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi MVC,

Backing up My Places will be possible when the MyDrive support is there. Unfortunately, I don't know at this point when that's going to happen.

Could you post separately in new topics about your issues (or bump old ones if there are already) in some detail so that we can properly look into them and others with similar problems can also post their feedback?

I'll double check about the map update notification but the Android version does notify for each installed map so I suppose the iPhone version should as well. We release all map updates simultaneously and recommend you to update all your installed maps as soon as possible. When available, you get an update offered when switching the map at Settings - Maps.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thanks Mikko, I have logged the maps update question separately, and asked for updates on my Pronunciation and Roundabout questions.

Mike
    Thanks, Mike!

I amended my previous post regarding the map update notifications. I'll check you other topics as well :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Erwin_ZErwin_Z Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    After installing iOS 10.3 beta 1 the TomTom Go iOS app crashes after you try to add a new location using the keyboard.
    Something to take care off before iOS 10.3 is final.
    Erwin
    Hi Erwin,

Welcome to the Community!

We don't support beta versions of OSes. However, I'll forward your feedback to the product team. I'm sure it'll help them preparing iOS 10.3 support in a future release :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • EcconlEcconl Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    info TomTom Go stops working after IOS update 10.3 beta. Beware of it.
    Mikko I'm still waiting for updates on my other topics!?
  • Hi Ecconl,
    Which are the steps, what makes the app not working on 10.3 beta? Also, what device, language, voice and map are you using?
    Thanks!
    Okay here it comes:

Iphone 6s
    Language: Dutch
    IOS: 10.3 beta
    Voice: Xander (dutch)
    GO: 1.6
    Map: 980.7889 (Europe)

Error: After starting GO and choose for search (zoeken) I enter an adress.
    After typing the third character GO freezes for 5 seconds and then kills itself.

Did a fresh install of GO but with nog possitive effect.

Hope this helps.
    I know beta is not supported but post it for info so TOMTOM can fix it.
  • Slartybart123Slartybart123 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've found the same bug - seems to work in vertical mode, but crashes in landscape.
  • ThroySThroyS Posts: 50 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So Tomtom took me to a close tunnel (Blackwall tunnel) last Sunday morning coming from a party. It was so frustrating that a map these days with live traffic would allow a car driver to travel miles to a dead end. The other day I was taking my daughter to McDonald's which I wasn't sure where it was and luckily I avoided going into a brick wall as the turning to McDonald's needed was wrong.
    The last updated is smoother but that's with any sat nav or map app these days but the reliability and trust that this app will work as before is dimming.

I would request the developers to post here sometimes to keep the community updated and even release pre-beta app for the community to test as a second option.
    Hi Throy,

These sound like map issues. Please, post details of these issues to the Map Quality board so that we can take a closure look at them.

Alternatively, you can also report them straight to our map team with the MapShare Reporter.

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online22

Bernd L
Bernd L
Dagobert
Dagobert
dgowan
dgowan
DougLap
DougLap
Elchdoktor