Spontaneous restarting GO Mobile — TomTom Community

Spontaneous restarting GO Mobile

jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
When I start Mobile Go and enter a destination, I get a few minutes later a spontanous restarting app. 4 a 5 times and then runs normal.
I have version 1.14.1

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jelle,

I'd first recommend you to clear the app's data (Settings > Apps > GO > Clear data). Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Should this not help you sort this out, please report this to Customer Service. They'll be able to gather the required details for reporting this to our technicians.

Cheers, Mikko
  • WitneanWitnean Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Just cleared the data and had to download map and sign in again.
  • jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have contacted Customer Service bij Email. Problem still exists.
    I did deinstalled the app. Then restart the mobile device and installed the app. Now it works fine. Thanks to customer support.
    I have the problem again of spontaneous reboot of the while driving. Using v 1.15
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jelle,

I'm sorry to hear your issue persists!

Do you have the app installed on an SD card? if yes, it might be something with the card causing this. You could try formatting it.

Cheers, Mikko
  • JvHJvH Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue. In 1 - 10 minutes after starting the Tom tom Go app the system crashes and the telephone restarts. This occurs since last monday. Last sunday I updated the app. This update was already available for some time. So I think it has something to do with the latest update.
    Well according to customer support it seems a rare bug. No fix at the moment. Within 2 months my subscription will end. Then I have to look for something else unfortunally.