Recommended external mic for Bandit? — TomTom Community

Recommended external mic for Bandit?

TheDirgerTheDirger Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
Are there any recommended external motorcycle helmet mic's for the tom tom bandit. Any experience or recommendations gratefully received.

Comments

• reckybreckyb Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi

I use the "Rode smart lac plus". you will need the adapter trrs to trs . .basically mic and head phone to stereo mic adapter. (Rode SC3)

All the wires hide in the helmet, the only issue i have is with the gain on the mic it seems to be a bit high. But ill tackle that another time.
  • CPGCPG Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi,
    I experimented with 4 microphones and ended up using the MyMyk SportsMyk, but its about £70 in the uk, here's a video of it in use: [video]
    before getting that one I'd be inclined to try the Speedlink SL-8691 which is only about £7, here's a video using it:
    [video]
    The video quality isn't great and it was using an earlier firmware than is currently available so I'd defiantly give the cheaper one a go before spending more.
    Hope it helps,
    Chris
  • zzrgeoffzzrgeoff Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi has any body tried the Edutige DUAL MICROPHONE ETM-001 with the tomtom bandit i know lots of people are having difficulty with the external microphones i would like to hear your comments before i decide which one to purchase
    Hi thanks for your reply I have now purchased an edutige 001 microphone and it works well with the tomtom bandit and you don't get a cable it just plugs onto the bandit microphone lead so you don't have to stuff loads of cable into your helmet it costs £30 so I hope this helps thanks geoff
  • rocket3rocket3 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi zzrgeoff, can you inform me how you did fix that Edutige ETM micro to your bandit because this Edutige micro has a single plug pillar and the tomtom microcable has an aux connector with 3,5 mm connection. How you did it to match both different connectors with each other ?:?
    Hi the tomtom microphone lead 3mm plug just plugs in to the microphone you don’t need to do anything else hope this helps geoff
    Hi.Tnx for your reply. As I do understand now and to be sure I don't order the wrong microphon, I just can put the male connectorpin of the Edutige ETM just into the female Bandit tomtom cable connectorplug ? (hereby the photo of the Edutige) Oh, by the way, do I need a wind/noise shield for the Edutige ?
    Hi that’s correct simple connection and the edutige is the correct specification to use with the bandit, I found I didn’t need a muffler because it fit easily inside your helmet but if you want the microphone on the outside of your helmet you may need one you will pick up wind noise because it’s there but it’s loads better than the bandit microphone I hope this helps
    Geoff
    Hi, tnx. I just did order the Edutige from Ebay with the muffler. because I will place the mike a bit at the end of my bike. I want to hear her singing ... :)
    Great let me know your opinion when you have tried it out
    Geoff
    I keep you posted !
    Hi Geoff. Do you also have some knowledge by change about how to transfer Bandit sensordata into the desktop ? Videofootage to my desktop is no problem, only I want to see also speeddata, g-force data etc. in the videofootage. :?
  • Cookie128Cookie128 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is the TomTom external mic cable TRS or TRRS audio In?
  • BroemiesBroemies Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, the stock Bandit external mic cable has TRRS (I think so because the cableconnector into the Banditcam has 4 connectionpoints. The desktop/laptop has usbports and 1 mic/headphone port.
    Tnx for your answer.