New TomTom GO and TomTom VIA GPS devices launch in US — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO and TomTom VIA GPS devices launch in US

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 2019 in News and announcements
[h3]Quicker & smarter devices for drivers who want to improve their navigation experience – available March 2017 in the US market[/h3]

f29918fc-6d96-49d7-8a4a-a7ec6d972bbe.jpg

LAS VEGAS, NV. – January 5, 2017 - TomTom has announced the US launch of new TomTom navigation products for the car under the TomTom GO and TomTom VIA lines. These advanced GPS devices boast TomTom’s latest innovations and the most up-to-date maps.

The advanced TomTom GO devices are available in two models, GO 520 and GO 620, in 5” and 6” capacitive touchscreens, respectively. They include a new Wi-Fi® capability feature and integrate seamlessly with the smartphone. TomTom GO devices can read text messages aloud, enable full use of smartphone personal assistants, and allow hands-free calling, helping keep drivers’ eyes on the road. Wi-Fi® makes it extremely simple to update Lifetime World Maps[1] or software with no computer connectivity required.

The devices are able to learn a driver's habits and can predict destinations. They become familiar with regularly driven commutes, automatically alert drivers to any traffic, and provide alternate routes.

The slim and stylish TomTom VIA GPS devices are available in three models, VIA 1425, VIA 1525 and VIA 1625, available in 4”, 5” and 6” touchscreens, respectively. They offer an enhanced address search that helps drivers define destinations from the search menu or by touching a point on the map.

TomTom VIA devices also offer Advanced Lane Guidance, helping drivers prepare for exits and intersections by clearly highlighting the correct driving lane for a planned route. Drivers also have the ability to update maps for the device’s lifetime at no extra charge with Lifetime Maps[1].

“At TomTom we continue to bring innovation to our navigation products working to make the experience safer and smarter,” Corinne Vigreux, co-founder and Managing Director, TomTom Consumer. “We constantly strive to make more accurate maps, deliver faster and more detailed traffic information, and create smarter routing. This combination is what makes the TomTom driving experience so unique.”

Vigreux continues: “Listening to our customers, we understand the responsibility we have as the most trusted companion to drivers, and with the new TomTom GO and TomTom VIA series, we’re once again honouring that trust and confidence.

The TomTom GO and TomTom VIA devices will be available on TomTom.com in March 2017.

Visitors to CES can visit TomTom to find out more at: Sands Expo Hall C, Booth #43705 (level 2).

See the full press release here.

The new VIA range includes:

• TomTom VIA 1420
• TomTom VIA 1425
• TomTom VIA 1520
• TomTom VIA 1525
• TomTom VIA 1620
• TomTom VIA 1625

[h2]What’s in the box:[/h2]
[h3]TomTom VIA (1420/1425/1520/1620/1525/1625)[/h3]
  • Semi Integrated Reversible Clip Mount
  • USB Cable
  • USB Cigarette Lighter Adaptor
  • Quick Start Guide
[h3]Technical Specs:[/h3]
  • Internal Memory: 8GB
  • Screen Size: 4"/11cm = VIA 1420 & VIA 1425; 5"/13cm = VIA 1520 & VIA 1525; 6"/15cm = VIA 1620 & VIA 1625
  • Traffic: TMC
  • Speed Cams: 3 Months Speed Cameras
  • Maps: Lifetime US (not 3D) = VIA 1420, VIA 1520 & VIA 1620; Lifetime North America (not 3D) = VIA 1425, VIA 1525 & VIA 1625
  • SD: Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.

[1] Lifetime Maps: For the useful life of your product, you can download 4 or more full updates of your map every year. With the VIA devices you need a PC with an Internet connection and a MyTomTom account to download map updates. For more information, visit tomtom.com/lifetimemaps.

Update: The new GO and VIA devices are now available at https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/drive/car/#productLineup :D

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I updated the announcement with some more information about these new devices.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jrwebjrweb Posts: 72 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Do you have any information on when the Go 620 will be available for sale in Canada?
    Hi jrweb,

I currently don't have any further information. I'll post back here as soon as I do :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • mottyamottya Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK, Any updates on release date?
    I held off on replacing my GPS for the last couple of months but with no ETA (or an ETA which has long passed), I may need to go with the competition.
    That's too bad. I really liked TomTom.
  • jrwebjrweb Posts: 72 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I got tired of waiting. The device came out last fall and I still can't get one in Canada. Instead of waiting any longer, I decided to buy a Garmin Drivesmart 61. It has a 6.95" inch edge to edge display.
  • Vadim58Vadim58 Posts: 37 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,
    available March 2017 in the US market? And now May of 3rd...
    Someone can tell me if I buy GO 620 in Europe, could I use it in Canada?
    I guess with smartphone it will works everywhere
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    While that model has lifetime maps and speed cameras, I believe the latter are only for map where the device was first purchased (i.e, Europe)

You might confirm functionality with support:

1 877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]

:(
    Vadim58 wrote:
    Someone can tell me if I buy GO 620 in Europe, could I use it in Canada?
    I guess with smartphone it will works everywhere
    That model has World Maps . Any Live Service does not work outside the region of purchase.
    Ok, but I will have Live services via my smartphone in Canada, I guess it concern the devices with SIM cards, isn't it?
    Hi all,

Unfortunately, there's been a delay and the new devices should become available in the US markets later this month. I'll post back here as soon as I have more information.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thank you, Mikko
    We are still waiting...
    Vadim58 wrote:
    Ok, but I will have Live services via my smartphone in Canada, I guess it concern the devices with SIM cards, isn't it?
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/tomtom-traffic-availablity-1001422?postid=1080461
  • PullCounterPullCounter Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Any updates? I'm waiting to buy one of the new devices in the U.S.
    Any updates? I'm waiting to buy one of the new devices in the U.S.

Amazon is already selling the new devices, but you have to wait till the end of June.
    By the way, they are shiping from France. It means they will get the devices from Europe?
    Dear Mikko, I repeat my question. Could I use the new devices Go 520/620 in Canada and USA if I will bring them from Europe??
    Thank you.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,626
    Superuser
    They are available on TomTom's US and Canadian websites. Perhaps elsewhere in the America's too, I didn't check. More comments at this thread: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-52-professional-via-53-482/go-620-north-america-1010790/
  • bigbig Posts: 1,626
    Superuser
    Vadim58 wrote:
    Dear Mikko, I repeat my question. Could I use the new devices Go 520/620 in Canada and USA if I will bring them from Europe??
    I'm not Mikko, but it's always been you can use the maps but you will not have access to services such as traffic info. Even if you use your own data connection traffic still is available ONLY in the region of purchase.
    big wrote:
    Vadim58 wrote:
    I'm not Mikko, but it's always been you can use the maps but you will not have access to services such as traffic info. Even if you use your own data connection traffic still is available ONLY in the region of purchase.

Thank you for these news. I am glad that now these devices are available on the tomtom site.
    Hi all,

Sorry for my late posting here!

The new GO and VIA devices are indeed now available at https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/drive/car/#productLineup :D

I've updated the announcement post as well.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jalanjalan Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    When will the truck version of the GO series launch in North America?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0