Map purchasing for Renault Megane 3 — TomTom Community

Map purchasing for Renault Megane 3

CarapanCarapan Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Hi all,

I have bought Renault Megane 3 (2013) and I have a limited edition of French maps so I want to upgrade and buy maps for all countries in Europe (whole Europe maps). I use the Tom Tom Home application on my laptop and when I chose desired map, went through application page by page and on the last page I had a problem to choose Country. This field is disabled!!! Can anyone have a solution for this problem? How can I proceed to payment? Or do we have another way how to buy desired maps? You can find SC in attach.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,007
    Superusers
    @Carapan: Your issue is completely non-related to the OP. Anyhow, to change the country on your account, you need to send a mail to TT Customer Services. If you are from Serbia, as on your account, then you will need to create an account in another country, like Ireland and can buy maps and services there.
  • CarapanCarapan Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    @Zsolt: Thank you very much for your reply. I apologize for wrong tread. If I well understood you, I should buy maps from another country with another account. Why? Do we have some problems when we want to pay from Serbia?

Regards.
    Superusers
    There is no Serbian TomTom site, so it won't let you to buy it. Register an account in any other country of your choice (where TT has a web site) and you can buy the map there. For address, use a local museum or something :) (if you don't need an invoice with the correct details)
    Yes, very clever...
    I have a lot of questions for you if you don't mind... about maps, installation, SD card, updates, prices, and so on and so forth.
    Superusers
    Since we are going on anyhow, fire it away. Will see what can I answer amd what can others too.
    Ok. Where can I download maps? On SD card directly or...? Is downloaded copy licensed? Have I any priviledges got to update maps after installation without another costs? Does the new SD card make a problem?
    Superusers
    You can download maps via TomTom HOME. If you buy a single map, you get one map only, need to pay for updates. If you buy a map update service, you get 4-6 maps (depending on actual terms and conditions and other sales) during 1-1.5 year, then need to purchase map or update service again. The downloaded maps are genuine, legal maps, if that is your question about the license. You should be able to use even an 8GB memory card, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Yes, this is right andwers on my all requests. The last one is: is the installation process easy?
    Superusers
    Depends :) Easy for many, challenging for some. Without complications, it is fairly straight forward.
    Ok, I think it shouldn't be complicated because I have many experiences with applications like this (iGo on mobile devices). And another one, thank you, thank you, thank you very much. I won't hesitate to contact you if I need it. If you have any questions please let me know. That will be
    I will be very happy...