Vibrate only Alarm on Spark 3

RunnerM
RunnerM Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Any chance of getting a vibrate only alarm in the next update for the Spark 3 Cardio? I assumed it already had it, but the beeping with it means I cannot use it since it also wakes my partner up at the same time. A vibrate alarm would be perfect since I can then monitor my sleep, wake up early for my run, and record and analyse both after.

Other than that, I thus far love my Spark 3. Well done on a great bit of kit.

Comments

  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    RunnerM wrote:
    Any chance of getting a vibrate only alarm in the next update for the Spark 3 Cardio? I assumed it already had it, but the beeping with it means I cannot use it since it also wakes my partner up at the same time. A vibrate alarm would be perfect since I can then monitor my sleep, wake up early for my run, and record and analyse both after.

    Other than that, I thus far love my Spark 3. Well done on a great bit of kit.

    As was mentioned on the other threads, no change has been announced (or hinted at even) regarding changing the alarms. The focus seems to be on getting basic functionality (connectivity and accuracy) working, then getting promised updates implemented (phone notifications), so this is probably pretty far down the list. The focus other than the notifications seems to be more on the sports side of it and less on the day-to-day watch functions so I am not sure if we will see a change here. They do monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • snappahousn
    snappahousn Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    A vibrate only alert is a must and should be easy to program within seconds to have it included in the next update bundle. As I researched it was demanded by the community several times before even for preceeding models. Improving accuracy and phone connectivity is no valid excuse for not updating this function.

    Advantages:
    - Not to wake up others if you want to get up early for training!
    - Getting notified without disturbing others
    - Basic function!
    - Easy to program

    Please include this on the next update and keep up the good work!
  • RunnerM
    RunnerM Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for your reply.

    If I mark it as a solution, does that not suggest the issue is closed?

    I would like TomTom to notice this issue, and others, and maybe look into the feasibility of adding it (they already have vibrate on/off, so sound on/off would be a fine first go at a fix).

    As such I wouldn't want to mark it as a solution if that makes it less visible.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    RunnerM wrote:
    Thanks for your reply.

    If I mark it as a solution, does that not suggest the issue is closed?

    I would like TomTom to notice this issue, and others, and maybe look into the feasibility of adding it (they already have vibrate on/off, so sound on/off would be a fine first go at a fix).

    As such I wouldn't want to mark it as a solution if that makes it less visible.

    TT does note all development requests so it will be logged, marking it as solution simply moves it into a different bucket for people searching for the same issue. It is up to you whether you want to make it as such or not. In this case, there is no solution per se (which would be implementing a silent alarm for you), just an answer to your question. In the absence of the change being made, there is not much else that can be done, which makes it a solution of sorts to your question.
  • ah0919
    ah0919 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    A vibrate-only alarm is not a new development request. It shows up in forums dating back to at least 2015. Please fix it, and keep up the good work.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    ah0919 wrote:
    A vibrate-only alarm is not a new development request. It shows up in forums dating back to at least 2015. Please fix it, and keep up the good work.
    Not going to happen. They never implemented it and have now left the wearables market so I expect any future updates will be bug fixes only. They have no incentive to add new features as they are no longer making new devices.