Screen cracked of Multisports — TomTom Community

Screen cracked of Multisports

OnionOnion Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
After our morning run we sat down and I heard a pop. When I looked at my watch the screen of my Multisport watch had cracked. Has anyone had a screen crack from overheating? And is there any wat to repeair it?

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Give a call to TT CS and see what they can offer.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    Onion wrote:
    After our morning run we sat down and I heard a pop. When I looked at my watch the screen of my Multisport watch had cracked. Has anyone had a screen crack from overheating? And is there any wat to repeair it?

TomTom does not offer a repair service and glass breakage is not covered under warranty. And I have never heard of overheating causing the glass to crack. Heat high enough to crack glass would have melted the watch first. If the unit is fairly new they may replace the unit for free as a good faith gesture but you would need to contact Customer Support and see what they offer. At the very least they will likely replace the unit with a new (or reconditioned) one for a fee (the rate depends on the model). You will need to Contact Customer Support to get the process started. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • John DoeJohn Doe Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    After my watch fell face down and the screen cracked I asked the repair service for help and they demanded a sum of 85 EU!
    They don't fix but just replacing the watch.
    My conclusion - never to buy again TomTom products!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0