Multisport dissapointment — TomTom Community

Multisport dissapointment

lynxptlynxpt Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I have not even reached 2 years worth of use of my mutltisport watch and its dead. I know it's outside the warranty but I have never had any Polar devices die within 5 years of purchase , they became obsolete when the architecture change in computers and thats what I expect when paying hundreds of dollars for a device; Not something which just gets through the basic warranty period and then fails because it actually is not suited to being in water which is the whole reason i selected the watch, to do triathlons. Now its mid triathlon season and my watch just died after a measley 20 minute training swim at the beach. I did not push buttons while underwater,there is no reason to do that is there. End of part 1
Part 2 the pathetic response from tom toms "support" team was absurd. I'll simply paste it here…. BTW coincidently my partner's tom tom watch died at exactly the same time as we were swimming together any way here is the official response
Dear Tammy,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. The reference number for your query is 161229-xxxxxx.

Tammy, I understand your TomTom Runner Cardio and TomTom Multisport Cardio are not working / turning ON.

Apologies for the trouble, seems there is water damage to your watch. As your watch is out of warranty we can not book it for repairs.

Also cost for out of warranty repairs is equivalent to the price of the new watch so instate of booking your watch for repairs I will recommend you to buy new watch from the web shop.

I would like to offer you 25% discount for the purchase of the new device from our web shop, refer below link in order to know more about new devices,

https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/sports/fitness-watches/

It is a pleasure serving you. I will be delighted to assist you in case of any further queries.

Our contact details are as follows:

Australia-1300135604
Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.30 pm

New Zealand- 0800 450 973
Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.30 pm

With Kind Regards
Technical Support Professional- TomTom Customer Support Team

I am back…. this is pathetic
I cannot fathom why I would want another tom tom watch when they wont even look at something less than 2 years old

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on public forum!

Comments

• zemariacpzemariacp Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same here. But in my watch only the HRM failed; and after a software update. They proposed me to buy a new watch for the discounted price of 85EUR.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0