CARMINAT (Renault R-Link) How to to set the verbosity of the voice instructions? — TomTom Community

CARMINAT (Renault R-Link) How to to set the verbosity of the voice instructions?

bayer_abayer_a Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Good day and happy new year!
Could somebody help me? Somebody know how to set to set the verbosity of the voice instructions: : how much they tell and how often they speak.
Current level level is to detailed and speaks to often and too much, espesially on hi-speed roads with many turns, the system continiously saying that I have follow e.g. E40 and repeating non-stop on every passing turn. I don't want to hear any intructions until I must to turn somewhere or do something.
On my prevoius navigation system was the verbosity of the voice instructions settings with 3 levels: laconic (minimum instructions), normal and detailed.
Looks like current setting of CARMINAT TOMTOM of the verbosity is detailed with all possible instructions. Sometimes I don't hear my wife and that is dangerous :S

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,007
    Superusers
    bayer_a wrote:
    Sometimes I don't hear my wife and that is dangerous :S

This made my day :)

As far as I know, none of the TT models have such settings. If you use a computer voice, that talks a bit more than others. If you use a recorded voice, that tells less for sure. Also could check some other settings like read aloud street names and so, maybe you can decrease the level of speech there.
  • bayer_abayer_a Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Zsolt wrote:
    bayer_a wrote:
    Sometimes I don't hear my wife and that is dangerous :S

This made my day :)

As far as I know, none of the TT models have such settings. If you use a computer voice, that talks a bit more than others. If you use a recorded voice, that tells less for sure. Also could check some other settings like read aloud street names and so, maybe you can decrease the level of speech there.
    Yes, I use computer voice because the system automatically switching to the computer voice for city and other names.