How to backup the round data on the iPhone? — TomTom Community

How to backup the round data on the iPhone?

prapi01prapi01 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I use my Golfer 2 with an iPhone. All the rounds were synced with the iPhone and I was monitoring all the statistics provided in the iPhone app. I recently restored my iPhone and had to re-install the TomTom app. I then had to re-connect the phone and Golfer 2. I then log-in to the TomTom account through the app. However, I found that all the previously recorded rounds were all lost.

Is there a way to recover the round data? How do I backup the round data in the future?

Thanks

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    Hi prapi01,

Welcome to the Community!

You can find the score card data on your old phone by following the steps here in the public FAQ: Backing up your Golfer 2 rounds using the MySports mobile app

Hope it helps! :)

Cheers,
    lampard
  • prapi01prapi01 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you for the response.

I understand how this "work-around" may be useful but it will get messy over time. Of course, an automatic feature that "Backup" the Golfer2 data to iCloud account and a "Restore" function to restore the round data to the iPhone will be a great addtion to the platform.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    Hi prapi01,

Thanks for your excellent feedback! I'll log it as an improvement request of MySports App for the product team to review.

Cheers,
    lampard
    Hi Iampard

I have just tried what you suggested i.e. connect the iPhone to iTunes, locate the .golf2 file under MySports Documents. I copied the file to Desktop. Deleted the round data through the iPhone MySports app. Then I tried to restore the round data by copying the .golf2 file back to the iPhone by using the "Add..." button in the iTunes panel and then"Sync" the iPhone.

However, the round did not show up in the iPhone App. So this method does not allow for "Back up and Restore" operation for the round data.

Is there another way to copy the .golf2 file back to the iPhone app?

Thanks
    My apologies ... The round data actually showed up after I kill the MySports app in iPhone and relaunch it. So yes this works.

Thanks
  • If you deleted something on your computer, you can get them back easily from the trash or the recycle bin. However, how about deleted something such as pictures, videos, SMS on your iPhone? If you have backup them on your PC, you would worry no more. However, you have not done that. Fortunately, with the help of iOS Data Backup & Restore, you can import your significant data from your cell phone to the computer. It can make it easy for iPhone users to backup, export and print iPhone data on the computer, and even selectively restore the backup data to the iOS device.:D
    See more: http://www.recovery-tool.com/ios-tips/backup-restore-iphone-data.html
  • JakeTseJakeTse Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Apart from iTunes or iCloud backup, you can also backup iPhone without icloud by using an iOS data transfer or managing app. iPhone Manager is one of the best app to help you backup iPhone 8 to PC, of course, I mean not only the coming iPhone 8, but also almost all iOS devices.

On how to backup iPhone without icloud, you can refer to: http://www.iphonedata.net/iOS-Data-Transfer/a-better-way-to-backup-iphone-without-icloud-212.html

On how to backup iPhone 8 to PC, you can refer to: http://www.iphonedata.net/iOS-Data-Transfer/backup-iphone-8-to-pc-191.html
  • WaccertyWaccerty Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I just finished the iPhone whatsapp messages backup program , if you want to backup iPhone data ,
    You can look at this tutorial : https://www.mobiledic.com/ios-topics/transfer-whatsapp-messages-photo-from-iphone-to-pc.html
  • CamkkerCamkker Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    JakeTse wrote:
    Apart from iTunes or iCloud backup, you can also backup iPhone without icloud by using an iOS data transfer or managing app. iPhone Manager is one of the best app to help you backup iPhone 8 to PC, of course, I mean not only the coming iPhone 8, but also almost all iOS devices.

On how to backup iPhone without iCloud, you can refer to:

On how to backup iPhone 8 to PC, you can refer to:
    Transferring data between the same phone devices is easy to accomplish ,
  • CamkkerCamkker Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Camkker wrote:
    JakeTse wrote:

On how to backup iPhone without iCloud, you can refer to:
    https://www.mobiledic.com/ios-topics/transfer-whatsapp-messages-photo-from-iphone-to-pc.html

Transferring data between the same phone devices is easy to accomplish ,
    Yesterday I did some research on Google, about how to back up and restore iPhone data, for backup you can back up your data to computer , and for how to restore data , if you want to restore data that has been backed up, you just can extract them from backup
  • ShehabShehab Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    JakeTse wrote:

https://www.mobikin.com/idevice/backup-iphone-x-8.html

It is essential to backup your phone data regularly to avoid data loss, if you have backup your data with iTunes, you can restore from the last backup version but the data on your device will be covered by the backup files. So it is a good idea to backup iPhone data with a tool.
  • ramseyasrramseyasr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    JakeTse wrote:
    Apart from iTunes or iCloud backup, you can also backup iPhone without icloud by using an iOS data transfer or managing app. you can refer to: https://www.tunesbro.com/iphone-ipad-ipod-backup-extractor.html

The best choice for iPhone backup is iTunes. However, you can only restore the whole device if you missed data from the device.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,781
    Community Manager
    There's not really a need to backup rounds since they are now stored in the cloud. The TomTom Sports app loads them from there.

And if I'm not mistaken, you can also download the files from your TomTom Sports account (at least that's how it is for runs, cycles and such).