Android 7 Compatibility to pair my Multi sports with the LG v20 — TomTom Community

Android 7 Compatibility to pair my Multi sports with the LG v20

MSHorMSHor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Please update compatibility with Android 7.0. I can't connect my multisport cardio to my phone LG V20. This is disappointing.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,642
    Superusers
    MSHor wrote:
    Please update compatibility with Android 7.0. I can't connect my multisport cardio to my phone LG V20. This is disappointing.

It is compatible with Android 7.0 as far as I know, as it works for other users, although there may be something your phone manufacturer did to the BT settings to make it incompatible. New android releases change the Bluetooth interfaces in subtle ways. And then, manufacturers will sometimes also add their own layers on top of the base android. And, on top of that we have the different Bluetooth chipsets, and other apps which may also be using same BT resources. The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, etc.

I would try a factory reset (which will reset the pairing codes) first, along with reinstalling the app. The steps are: factory reset the watch, uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MSHorMSHor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you! It works! Just got down to do as you advised. Thank you for the very clear and detailed steps. Much appreciated!
    Superusers
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • MSHorMSHor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.

I tried looking around how I can mark it as solution. I find that I don't see that option in our posts and read in some other forums that is because my original post was not posted as a "question". I don't really know how come. I wish I can mark this a solution because I'm sure it will help many others.
    Superusers
    Don't worry about it, one of the moderators will fix it.
  • ZA TT AdventurerZA TT Adventurer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    After updating the software on my TomTom Adventurer to the latest version, paired succesfully with my LG V20 running Android 7.0.
  • Shah DatardinaShah Datardina Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I am having the same problem as the original poster, trying to connect my watch to my new phone (Moto G5S) with no luck. I have followed the above steps resetting the watch and uninstalling the app multiple times. Is there anything else I can try?