Android KitKat 4.4.4- Problems installing the app again — TomTom Community

Android KitKat 4.4.4- Problems installing the app again

maestro81maestro81 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I try move TT app from hdd to sd card, and because was impossible to do that I deinstall app from my android. when I try install app again was information, that TT Go Mobile is not compatible with my android O_o But 5 mins earlier everything work properly. I have 2 years subscribtion allready payed and now what ?? I can't install them. Someone can help me with that ?

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Maybe since last time you installed, they put it on a non-supported list. However, according the official site, it should be compatible from 4.0.3 upwards:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18708/~/compatibility-for-tomtom-go-mobile-app-for-android

Maybe the phone is on a non-compatible list ever since. What kind of phone is it?
  • maestro81maestro81 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have android 4.4.4 and 5 min before everything works perfectly. after uninstall I can't Download them again. I pay for licence so I expect support or fully refund
  • createcartelcreatecartel Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, I also have this issue – I have an Android KitKat headunit in my car and TomTom Go wouldn't function properly, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall, only to find it is no longer listed as compatible on the Play Store.

Can someone at TomTom provide some insight, or perhaps a link to previous versions, please?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    Can someone at TomTom provide some insight, or perhaps a link to previous versions, please?
    If you mean the previous TomTom app Navigation for Android - which app(s) did you buy? There were several versions that each included a different map area. Those old apps still install and run and can still download version 950 maps which are nearly 2 years old.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @maestro81,

Why would you uninstall the app???
    It was working and all you did was move the folder.
    So why haven't you just put the folder back where it was?

It seems to me you are not telling the whole story here.

Are we talking TomTomGo or the old TomTom app which is no longer supported????
    I'm referring to the Android version of the TomTom Go app, which I have a subscription for.

My subscription expired and the app would not connect to enable me to renew or upgrade as it said there was an update available, so I renewed the subscription on my computer. When I tried to uninstall / reinstall the app, I then found out it is no longer supported and so I was unable to install.

So now I have a subscription, which I bought specifically for this device, but no means of using it.
    The ordinary way to pay for an Unlimited Navigation subscription to the GO Mobile app is through the Upgrade button in the app itself, so there should be no way to pay for a subscription when the app itself can not be installed. Where and how did you pay?
    I had to install the app on my iPhone to update the subscription as the Android app would not connect to allow this.

The Upgrade button appeared on my Android device but did not function – I'm assuming the method of communication between services has changed and so the older version of the app could not validate the connection.
    Maybe the non-functioning Upgrade facility was a measure to prevent buying a non-functioning service. I suggest you contact Customer Service to discuss a remedy such as a refund. Your profile does not give a clue to your location so I can't suggest the correct phone number to use. Look through this list for help: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105
    I design apps for a living and generally, a notification goes a long way to inform users of upgrade compatibility / version issues. Failure to function indicates corrupted software, hence the reinstallation.

Thanks for your prompt feedback, I shall have to get in touch with support.
  • LauriTLauriT Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]