AUTOPAUSE in cycling mode? - question to the manufacturer and cyclists — TomTom Community

AUTOPAUSE in cycling mode? - question to the manufacturer and cyclists

axiomaxaxiomax Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
My suggestions to improve the operation of the watch cycling mode:

1. START the meter after manual start cycling functions - motion bicycle (GPS works, recording the track, speed meter and cadence).
2. After stopping the bike - counters- AUTO-STOP-PAUSE (only works pedometer).
3. After restarting the bike - reached a speed of 4-7km / h counters start automatically - AUTO-START.

Example

1. MANUAL START (in cycling mode)- counters START's
2. after driving 30-50km - break - access to the store to get water (AUTO-PAUSE - counters and track recording stop -only works pedometer).

At that time, "bike waiting" in front of the store and I'm moving on with the watch hands with speeds of up to 4-7km / h and counters/tracker are in AUTO PAUSE mode - only works pedometer.

3. After purchasing the water - short rest - go further - AUTO-START (pedometer stop)

After restarting the bike - reached a speed of 7km / h counters start automatically - AUTO-START (pedometer stop).

4. I stop at a traffic light at the intersection - AUTO-PAUSE
5. Green light - go - I reach 4-7km / h - AUTO-START
6. End of driving - home - MANUAL STOP (only works pedometer)

PS. Often, I do not remember to manually turn pause when stationary and counter work gives false parameters.
Most, however, after pausing do not remember her off again when I'm on tour. It reminds me only after several kilometers of driving - and counter - watch further pause - no track record and route parameters.

I bought this watch mainly due to a heart rate monitor (not like the chest strap). Driving parameters check frequently during standstill

Is it possible to modify the software? It would easier to ride - less manipulation and remembering watch - safer driving.

Dariusz Magiera

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    axiomax wrote:
    My suggestions to improve the operation of the watch cycling mode:

1. START the meter after manual start cycling functions - motion bicycle (GPS works, recording the track, speed meter and cadence).
    2. After stopping the bike - counters- AUTO-STOP-PAUSE (only works pedometer).
    3. After restarting the bike - reached a speed of 4-7km / h counters start automatically - AUTO-START.

Example

1. MANUAL START (in cycling mode)- counters START's
    2. after driving 30-50km - break - access to the store to get water (AUTO-PAUSE - counters and track recording stop -only works pedometer).

At that time, "bike waiting" in front of the store and I'm moving on with the watch hands with speeds of up to 4-7km / h and counters/tracker are in AUTO PAUSE mode - only works pedometer.

3. After purchasing the water - short rest - go further - AUTO-START (pedometer stop)

After restarting the bike - reached a speed of 7km / h counters start automatically - AUTO-START (pedometer stop).

4. I stop at a traffic light at the intersection - AUTO-PAUSE
    5. Green light - go - I reach 4-7km / h - AUTO-START
    6. End of driving - home - MANUAL STOP (only works pedometer)

PS. Often, I do not remember to manually turn pause when stationary and counter work gives false parameters.
    Most, however, after pausing do not remember her off again when I'm on tour. It reminds me only after several kilometers of driving - and counter - watch further pause - no track record and route parameters.

I bought this watch mainly due to a heart rate monitor (not like the chest strap). Driving parameters check frequently during standstill

Is it possible to modify the software? It would easier to ride - less manipulation and remembering watch - safer driving.

Dariusz Magiera

Auto Pause has been asked for in the past but has not been introduced in 4+ years so I would not count on it coming. If we do get it, I imagine it will in line with what other watches do, it senses you are paused based on GPS movement and senses you have restarted in the same way. I am not sure what you mean by pedometer, as the watch does not use the accelerometer in cycling mode, it uses GPS and any bike sensors synced to the watch. What you are asking for is far too complex and would likely not be worth the resources required to implement versus the user benefit (most people just want a simply auto pause). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • axiomaxaxiomax Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I ask, because I had such a function in the navigation cycling TwoNav + Anima, but I lost it. I wish that TomTom does not offer navigation only cycling as Anima + or Garmin Edge 1000 but the problem is either too small battery - does not stand up all day.

Perhaps TomTom build a similar device used for cyclists with great battery + wristband sensor heart rate without a chest strap?

(sorry for my English)
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    axiomax wrote:
    I ask, because I had such a function in the navigation cycling TwoNav + Anima, but I lost it. I wish that TomTom does not offer navigation only cycling as Anima + or Garmin Edge 1000 but the problem is either too small battery - does not stand up all day.

Perhaps TomTom build a similar device used for cyclists with great battery + wristband sensor heart rate without a chest strap?

(sorry for my English)

The Anima is a GPS device, not a sports watch and has a much larger battery, screen and storage so they can do more. It is targeting a different market than the sport watches and the feature set reflects that. TomTom builds general purpose sports watches that cover a multitude of activities, they are not going after specific markets as there is likely too much competition in those markets and a low potential market share. I am not saying they never would but nothing they have done in the past 4 years indicates they are going down this route. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • pedromsouzapedromsouza Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Autopause is now available but it doesn't work. At list on my Runner 3.
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    It is available on the watch but only on certain activities. If it's greyed out it means you have selected an invalid Training Goal. Autopause on the watch works only when the Training Goal is NONE. Lastly Autopause on the watch takes priority or precedence over the Autopause setting in the Sports App and Sports Website.
  • Ari1Ari1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Autopause is now available but it doesn't work. At list on my Runner 3.
    It was working but after the last update has not anymore....
  • pedromsouzapedromsouza Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    It was greyed out. I'll test It now. Thanks!
  • Ari1Ari1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Is that valid also for cycling mode?
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    Yes cycling mode. But not indoor cycling on stationary bike as you not physically moving.