How to add Music on the Spark Watch? — TomTom Community

How to add Music on the Spark Watch?

sbraggsbragg Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
how do i put any music on the tomtom spark watch, I am trying to follow the videos however, the option the tutorial video is showing doesn't show on my laptop?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,166 Superusers
    sbragg wrote:
    how do i put any music on the tomtom spark watch, I am trying to follow the videos however, the option the tutorial video is showing doesn't show on my laptop?

The MySports Connect application talks to Windows Media Player and iTunes (if they are installed) to query the playlists you have created (you cannot upload individual files; they need to be organized into playlists). These playlists are then listed when you connect your watch. This will include any video playlists created by WMP and iTunes, TT cannot control this, they can't tell a music playlist from a video playlist. To make it easier to load them, give the playlists distinctive names like "My Spark Playlist" or something similar so they are easier to find. You then use MySports Connect to copy the playlists you want to the watch. In iTunes & WMP you need to create playlists (the watch only plays playlists, not individual files as there is no folder system on the watch). Once you have the playlists created, dock the watch and hit the music note button on the Connect interface, which will take you to the Music screen where it will list all playlists on the computer. When you see the one you want to load, click on it to add it to the watch. Make sure the tracks are in the right format. If tracks are not in an acceptable format they will not play, nor will the playlists they are in.

MP3:
    Sample rate: 16KHz to 48KHz
    Bit rate: 8 kbps to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo channels and joint stereo.
    Artist, track title and length are displayed for the following languages: English, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Finnish and Swedish. Other languages may display correctly if the only used characters available in a supported language.

AAC:
    MPEG2 and MPEG4 AAC-LC and HE-AACv2 are supported.
    Sample rate: up to 48KHz
    Bit rate: up to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo/dual mono are supported.
    Artist, track title and length for AAC is not supported.

The watch does not support files with DRM of any type. This includes offline tracks from Apple Music and Spotify. MySports Connect will not count any DRM tracks as part of a playlist, so if all the tracks in a playlist are DRM then the playlist will not be shown at all.

If you are not using Windows Media Player or iTunes then you need to create an .m3u or .m3u8 playlist file (various music programs do this) and then set the Playlist Root Folder. Press the Gear icon in MySports Connect and then scroll down to Advanced Settings and set the location here. The playlist root folder is searched (and sub-directories) for any .m3u/.m3u8 playlist files and those will be listed (along with any Windows Media Player/iTunes playlists) by MySports Connect when you connect your watch. This only needs to be done if you are not using WMP or iTunes; otherwise they search the default locations. The playlists need to be on a physical drive on your machine, it will not find cloud drives.

If using iTunes, check that iTunes is set to share libraries. You need to click the dropdown at the very top left and select Preferences. On the Advanced tab, make sure there is a check next to "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications".

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • sbraggsbragg Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    still not working, really stressing now. the screen that it is showing I'm unable to open. I downloaded the app through iTunes but that is it. the only screen I am able to open is if I click my tomtom sports after it says connect when I plug the device into my laptop. I cant download the app on my computer?
    sbragg wrote:
    still not working, really stressing now. the screen that it is showing I'm unable to open. I downloaded the app through iTunes but that is it. the only screen I am able to open is if I click my tomtom sports after it says connect when I plug the device into my laptop. I cant download the app on my computer?

There is no app to download, you use the MySports Connect software which you used to register the watch, downloaded from tomtom.com/123. That is where all music is installed from. Are you sure you have a Music version (press down and go to About and see if it says Music Cardio at the top, if it does not say Music you do not have a Music watch).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ButterleighButterleigh Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hello. I am also having difficulty adding music to my watch. iTunes is correctly configured. When I dock the watch it not is not finding any playlists. I don't see how I "scan" and I don't see the music icon. Any suggestions please?
  • Hello. I am also having difficulty adding music to my watch. iTunes is correctly configured. When I dock the watch it not is not finding any playlists. I don't see how I "scan" and I don't see the music icon. Any suggestions please?
    Hi. Are you using Sports Connect on you PC and connecting the watch via USB? If so you should see a music icon in the top right. If the icon is greyed out then it means there has been a problem detecting the music drive, but the icon will be there so long as you have a music watch.
    fa4e1db6-f7c1-4933-a6e6-00ba303d9199.png
    When you connect the watch it will automatically scan for music (unless it is the first time you have ever connected a music watch, in which case it will guide you through the process).

If you are using Sports Connect and you still don't see the music note icon then use the Submit App Data in the Advanced section of the Settings Page (cog icon) and I will investigate.

Regards,
    Stuart.
    Hi Stuart

Thanks for getting back to me.

yes - connecting via USB docking station and its definitely a music watch.

There is definitely no music icon top right - in grey or otherwise

I have clicked on settings but don't get a "submit data option"

When connected to the computer on the first occasion I didn't get a scan option.

Thanks or your help with this
  • Hi Stuart

Thanks for getting back to me.

yes - connecting via USB docking station and its definitely a music watch.

There is definitely no music icon top right - in grey or otherwise

I have clicked on settings but don't get a "submit data option"

When connected to the computer on the first occasion I didn't get a scan option.

Thanks or your help with this
    Hi. The Submit App Data is in the Advanced section of the Settings page. So you need to expand it and scroll down. See below. Let me know if you send logs since I don't get alerted.
    Thanks,
    Stuart.
    Hi
    My options are:
    New folder
    open in new tab
    move to trash
    get info
    rename
    compress
    duplicate
    make alias
    quick look
    copy
    arrange by
    show view options
    tabs
    further actions set up
    reveal
    open

Any suggestions?
  • Hi
    My options are:
    New folder
    open in new tab
    move to trash
    get info
    rename
    compress
    duplicate
    make alias
    quick look
    copy
    arrange by
    show view options
    tabs
    further actions set up
    reveal
    open

Any suggestions?
    Hi. You need to be running the TomTom Sports Connect application to talk to your watch via the computer. You download this from
    https://tomtom.com/123
    Once that is installed when you connect your watch a window will appear and the music icon I am referring to (and the cog icon for the settings) page are on that window. Clicking the music icon will take you to the Music page which will show the playlists you have on Windows Media Player/iTunes and on the watch. You can then copy playlists to the watch or delete them.

Regards,
    Stuart.
    Perfect - thanks very much!
  • 01KINGJ01KINGJ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is pretty wack right? if it has a music player and we pay all this money for the watch we should just be able to put our albums in folder format on the watch like any other music playing device... surely Tom Tom need to get with the times, specifically being locked into Itunes or windows media player is also a huge disadvantage... i use google play music with my personal music, not Itunes or wmp. that moment you realise you should have just bought a smart watch.
    01KINGJ wrote:
    This is pretty wack right? if it has a music player and we pay all this money for the watch we should just be able to put our albums in folder format on the watch like any other music playing device... surely Tom Tom need to get with the times, specifically being locked into Itunes or windows media player is also a huge disadvantage... i use google play music with my personal music, not Itunes or wmp. that moment you realise you should have just bought a smart watch.

You can do exactly as you described already, you don't need iTunes or WMP. Plug the watch into the computer, browse to the Music folder on the watch (it will show as a drive), put your folder of tracks in (make sure they are non-DRM in a compatible format) and it will then create a playlist on the watch named after that folder. This function has been in existence for at least 6 months.
  • rogervsrogervs Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    You can use MusConv.com tool to import music from one player to another music player.
  • rogervsrogervs Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Musconv.com is the worst tool I have ever used. Never ever try this, it will get virus to your system.
  • SwimmerboiSwimmerboi Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Im highly frustrated, i have music both on my laptop and Itunes its not recognizing any of it! ive made sure to share and everything ive been trying to figure this out for almost 6 months. HELPPPP
  • conlian1042conlian1042 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Swimmerboi wrote:
    Im highly frustrated, i have music both on my laptop and Itunes its not recognizing any of it! ive made sure to share and everything ive been trying to figure this out for almost 6 months. HELPPPP
    I just bought this watch and it was not obvious but the watch is looking for a playlist export format (m3u) that doesn't happen naturally - at least not on my itunes account. I went to this https://www.wikihow.com/Export-an-iTunes-Playlist to learn how to export. It may not be the perfect answer since it adds a step but it works for me...