NVA-SD8110EU - maps removed to update but lost them accidentally! — TomTom Community

NVA-SD8110EU - maps removed to update but lost them accidentally!

SaturnGirl66SaturnGirl66 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
New to the forum so hello!
I've been a bit of a silly girl. My in-built sat nav started going a bit bonkers, telling me I was in places I wasn't. So after Googling the problem I decided to update the SD card. However, there wasn't enough room, so I figured removing the maps to make room for updated ones would help. Except instead of making a copy to my PC, I removed them completely (doh!) and now can't get them back. Plus the message I get when I try to install updates tells me there isn't enough room on the card now! I know there have been major issues with this and I've searched online to find out how to re-download the maps and stick the thing back to factory settings, but to no avail.
Please, can anyone help?

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Try to get an 8GB blank card (any would do, but make sure it is branded), then put it in the car. It would write some stuff on it. Then remove and put it in the PC and try to update it. That should do the trick.
  • SaturnGirl66SaturnGirl66 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks, I'll try that. I did try what TomTom suggested, but 1.5Gb short on space, so still no map! Thanks and will let y'all know if this works. Otherwise I'm going to Mazda dealer...mind you, I could just buy a 2016 Mazda 2 ;-)
    Okay guys...getting a bit frustrated! I bought a SanDisk SD card, popped into the car then into the PC...TomTom Home refuses to start, showing error "component returned failure code:0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIProperties.get]"
    Any ideas?? I have uninstalled TTHome and reinstalled and I get this message every time :-(
    Superusers
    If you use Windows 10, try to tun TT HOME as Administrator and in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
    How do I do that?
    Superusers
    Right click on the TT HOME's icon, properties and right click, run as administrator.
    Tried that...same issue!:(
    Superusers
    In that case give a call to TT CS. Bottom of the page, Support, Contact us.
    My sister has Tom Tom Home on her PC and lo, not only did it successfully update, it also fitted onto the original Mazda card...weird that it wouldn't on mine, but no matter...all solved! Thanks for the advice.