TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Who should correct maps?

arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
edited January 26 in Map quality
I find it unacceptable that paying customers are always being asked to submit every map correction. If such corrections were made within a day or two this might make some sense. Surely for the mass errors, major road works and projects we should expect TomTom to take responsibility and do the work it is paid for.

Comments

• xed0sxed0s Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Absolutely agree. Same happened to me. I bought a map update for 49€, noticed the next day there was no 30km zones in speed limits. After opening a ticket, I was given a link to update the maps myself!! Nice, as a in a city with 500,000 people has many 30km zones that don't work!
    Best thing is, I submitted 3 corrections, from 3 sign posts practically outside my door and they were rejected!

We aren't alone with this problem, why don't we consider taking them to court en masse?
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,802 Superusers
    Hi, regarding your comment about rejected reports, you could post the IDs here in the topic. Then, someone from TT might have a look and see why they were rejected.
  • xed0sxed0s Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Are you serious? First I report an important flaw in the system, I am then told to fix it myself. When I try to fix it myself, it is simply rejected and I need to search for answers why?

But for your info ;

ca332d08-d958-407a-877f-ff7c0e7c8990
    d782762c-70d0-4b99-b8d1-6b1062114d96
    c9736ea4-8475-4a7b-9a8a-261ece942ff0

I hope, for myself and others with similar problems, this can be sorted before any unnecessary action starts.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback regarding our map quality!

We're working hard to continuously improve the quality of our maps and - as you know - release map updates 4 times a year and smaller MapShare corrections daily. We use various sources to gather map data to ensure our maps are up-to-date. Unfortunately, errors may still occur and this is why we provide our customers means to provide us with feedback regarding errors they've come across - if they wish to do so. We do of course understand that it can be frustrating to come across such errors and we do our best to minimise this. While there's naturally no obligation for customers to report us map errors they find we do greatly appreciate all the feedback we get. This feedback helps us further - and more quickly - improve our maps and your feedback helps also other TomTom Customers :D

@ xed0s: I checked your reports and they seem to be closed with a note "out of scope". As I'm not sure what this exactly means, I'd recommend you to provide these IDs to Customer Service for further investigation.

It's also good to know that the speed limits in the map data in most cases don't affect routing which mainly uses IQ Routes data when possible.

Cheers, Mikko
  • TobyRTobyR Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would like to add to this conversation if I may.......

I report map errors from my device & the online map reporter, why does it take several months to accept them then several months again for you to correct then??? I still have pending corrections from July & August last year???

If Google maps can update then within days, if not hours online why can't YOU!!!

Also you have released several full map updates since the speed limits for HGV's on UK single carriageway roads was increased from 40mph to 50mph but STILL!!!!! this hasn't been corrected.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Toby,

Welcome to the Community!

The main reason why it takes a while to deliver map changes based on customer reports is that we release new maps every three months and it takes a couple of months to finalise each release. This means that e.g. a report made now won't make it to the next release in February not at earliest to the May release.

The time it takes to process an individual report depends on the kind of report and the information provided. If you post here the IDs of some of your reports made with MapShare Reporter I can try to find out more information about them.

Cheers, Mikko
  • TobyRTobyR Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sorry!!! but your reply just sounds like a automatic scripted reply
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    How is that a scripted reply? He offered personal assistance to get those checked out one-by-one. Anyhow, I also realized that it is better to report the old ones again, if there was no change for a looong time, as they might have ended up in some sort of backlog. I have reports from 31/12/16 accepted already (haven't used it since, till yesterday).