No Blue Line! for the routes show on the display screen. — TomTom Community

No Blue Line! for the routes show on the display screen.

This is so frustrating, I updated my tomtom GO 5100 thinking it would improve my life by 5-10%. But its now basically useless; the blue navigation line doesn't show up, there is no visual depiction of the available routes besides when you pick one at random and watch intently for the next turn you are about to miss!

I even delayed writing this as my faith in tomtom as a brand led me to plug in again, download the new version of the connect drive thing and try to update my device again. This was 3 hours ago and I'm still plugged in!

Has anyone experienced the blue nav line disappearing after an update?? How do I fix it???
Why is this update now taking 3hours plus???

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. And support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • TeddyTibbsTeddyTibbs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You're the man. Like Gandalf, my update landed with your message of hope. One love lol
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    You are welcome. :D
  • erhnakserhnaks Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can't thank you enough for TeddyTibbs for asking this question that brought me here from Google search and also can't thank you enough dhn for sorting my problem out! I have been searching for this answer for about a year now! Cheers guys!
  • sirplussirplus Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Drum Reset DNW
    Reset To Defaults DNW
    Support says there is no known fix.
  • lauramora2002lauramora2002 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Thank you so much dhn for helping me and surely many others with your answer!!! TeddyTibbs, thank you for putting your question out there!
    Thanks, sirplus!