Replacement strap for the multi sport cardio watch — TomTom Community

Replacement strap for the multi sport cardio watch

IanNeale007IanNeale007 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
which of the new straps replaced or is suitable for the old multi sport cardio sports watch?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    which of the new straps replaced or is suitable for the old multi sport cardio sports watch?

None of them, they changed the shape of the watch with the Spark/Runner 2 watches so the new straps don't fit. Only the MultiSport and Runner bands fit those watches. I am not sure they are being produced anymore but you can call Customer Support and see if you can get one or look on Amazon or EBay. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • IanNeale007IanNeale007 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply and thanks Tom Tom for making my old multi sport watch useless, once the strap, which is splitting gives up the ghost!!!
    I originally bought the watch because of the portability to my bike and the fact I could buy a new strap and have before ( the dog chewed it). Nice one Tom Tom Off to look at e-bay and start saving for a Garmin fore runner,
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    Thanks for the reply and thanks Tom Tom for making my old multi sport watch useless, once the strap, which is splitting gives up the ghost!!!
    I originally bought the watch because of the portability to my bike and the fact I could buy a new strap and have before ( the dog chewed it). Nice one Tom Tom Off to look at e-bay and start saving for a Garmin fore runner,

Before going off on TT did you call Customer Support as suggested? If you read my response I said I am not sure if they are being produced or not. And even so the watch is no longer being produced and is 4 years old. How long should they be expected to continue making accessories for a device they no longer make? It is not like they can make them one at a time, I assume they need to order many thousands at once (they don't own their own factories). Garmin does the same thing (except with Garmin you can't actually easily remove a damaged band at all).
    I meant it slightly tongue in cheek as I am waiting for a reply from Tom tom customer support.
    I did however buy the watch a lot less than 4 years ago and built in obsolescence is a pet hate of mine.
    I am hoping someone somewhere has a stash that they will stick on e-bay.
    Reply from customers support.
    They are sending a replacement strap free of charge.
    So well done TomTom for supporting older versions of products.happy xmas
  • SilentninjaSilentninja Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I expect that as long as the device works that I can get a replacement band when it splits for the third time in three years! I have a twenty year old Nissan Micra that they no longer make but they still makes spares for it! This is simply change for changes sake and blatant profiteering in the hope that if they change the design then you will automatically go out and buy the new model. Sorry but I am a civil servant and get paid jack and am also of the generation that believe that if is not broken then don't try to fix it. I find it infuriating when a company deems a perfectly adequate model 'outdated' after four years. All I can say is thank goodness for cheap Chinese knock-offs, TomTom can shove it if they think that I am buying a new watch when there is nothing wrong with my old one. The changes are fuelled by pure greed under the guise of progress. What pray tell do I do with my old working watch? Just bin it? It's attitudes like that that are killing our planet!
  • SilentninjaSilentninja Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    All right, sorry, I was possibly a bit hasty with my previous remarks... Just used to getting the run around, having fun with my tv/internet provider at the moment and it has put me in a bad mood. Sorry TomTom, I have judged you too harshly, customer service is much better than I had anticipated.
  • enrico.tancredi_un44enrico.tancredi_un44 Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have the same problem for my multisports cardio strap. I will contact the support to solve (hoping...). Meanwhile i bought a spark cardio music to replace the multisport cardio.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0