TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing - Page 4 — TomTom Community

TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing

Comments

• slim2001slim2001 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think I've waited long enough for Tomtom to correct their stupid move. Is it possible to get a refund since I can't use it the way it was supposed to be used, the full postcode search was essential part of the app.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback regarding this!

As mentioned before there was unfortunately a problem with the post code files in the new v980 map delivered with the v1.26 version of the Europe, Western Europe, UK & IE and Benelux maps. This has now been fixed and we're doing our best to push the fixed version (v1.26.1) of these apps to you before the holidays. I'll keep you posted.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Cheers, Mikko
  • Gpb79abcGpb79abc Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello.... I encountered the problem on my wife's iPhone, we have deleted the app then gone to the App Store on her phone and gone to purchased. Look for tomtom app then re download. The postcode feature is back. Hope it helps someone
  • AD2012AD2012 Posts: 63 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    When I go to the iTunes Store I still see 1.26 not 1.26.1 so I am not downloading until I see 1.26.1
  • BazookameBazookame Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This is the only brand that I know off that gets worse with every update and stubborn to listen? Almost a week into this error/purposely removing postcode search and despite many complaints, still no roll back, at least, till they fix the issue? Why not? There was no problem with the last version? I was sat in the car park looking at how to get to another meeting but spent ages trying to find anywhere near where I wanted to go as the suggested copy and paste method is nowhere near as accurate, consequently, making me late! In fact my experience of the copy and paste method had a glitch in it whereby it said my destination was only 800meters away, just over the roundabout when it's supposed to be around 13miles away?? Thank heavens for the new Google map on the iOS started doing free navigation! Although their user interface isn't as friendly to use/view whilst driving but better voice commands tho!
  • slim2001slim2001 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Gpb79abc, I did what you said and now my postcode is working again.
    Glad it helped you :)
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    MikkoK,

This is just another nail in the TomTom coffin! What is happening at TomTom?

The TomTom GO Mobile project on iOS has not evolved much in the eight months that it's been public.

TomTom are breaking the older app!

The older Nav2 navigation devices are no longer supported - this is TomTom trying to force people to buy new PNDs. How long before TomTom no longer supports the current range of PNDs?

TomTom needs to drastically improve its navigation products in 2017 else it won't have any customers in 2018.

TomTom used to mean quality and innovation, now TomTom means rubbish and decay and I will not buy any object that's branded with the TomTom name until things change.

Regards,
  • RamundocosimoRamundocosimo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tom tom app v1.26 postcode option disappeared. Can you sort it out please. It was the most useful option in this app
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Gpb79abc wrote:
    Hello.... I encountered the problem on my wife's iPhone, we have deleted the app then gone to the App Store on her phone and gone to purchased. Look for tomtom app then re download. The postcode feature is back. Hope it helps someone
    Can you check the version number of the app you installed? I think you might have installed the v1.25 from your backup.

I'll post back here as soon as the fixed version is out.

Thanks, Mikko
    I didn't have it saved on a backup, I went to purchased then downloaded it from there.
    V1.23
  • IanwrenchIanwrench Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    The app is no longer available on the Apple App store now. has it been deleted!
  • AD2012AD2012 Posts: 63 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    @CorinneVigreux for the co founder and Business Managing Director of TomTom
    I cant see the app in the app store any more. what did you search for please as I deleted the app and went to re-install but its not there now. Thanks.
    It is if you search for tomtom but if you go to purchased from your account it's there to download again prior to the update :)
    Goto updates then purchased and reinstall like that
    thanks for the reply. I had already purchased the app before but I can not see it even if I search or look at previous purchases. I must be doing something wrong :(
    Go to App Store on your phone then go to updates on the bottom right then purchased. Find tomtom it might be a long way down your purchased items and download.
    thanks for your help on here. I have followed the advice and looked in purchases (I can see all the rubbish I have had over the years:)) but I can only see tomtom go and not the original app. I know it was there because I use it everyday and have just renewed my subscriptions for the traffic and speed camera. this is so frustrating now. I have also looked on another telephone and can not see the app there either. im lost as what to do now and wish I hadn't deleted the app to re-install.
    It will be there somewhere I'm sure
  • PalletsPallets Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem as Ianwrench. The app is definitely not in my listing of previously purchased apps.
    Have to say TomTom are destroying their brand. No way I'm using the TomTom Go app as it's pathetic. Can't download what I've already purchased, so time to looks else where. Shame as it used to be good.
    Ok now I'm trying something new here but use this link whilst logged into App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id326067542?mt=8
    But you will have to delete the app and then reinstall it. Then don't do the update.
  • JayLovesayJayLovesay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had this on Monday this week. Used this for years for work usage the post code..
    Read posts over last few days...
    Now I've read above post today and deleted my app on iPad and hoped it would bring back the postcode function by reinstalling and now seen in my App Store account that it's not there now to reinstall!!!

What a dumb dumb .
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online18

algiordano
algiordano
+17 Guests