TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing - Page 3 — TomTom Community

TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing

Comments

• ThroySThroyS Posts: 50 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Not sure if it's my phone but since updated the latest version iof the old tomtom app they remove navigation by postcode is this a joke, mistake, purposely done, or just going backwards to destroy the app so we're forced to use the new one. Been using it all week and just updated few days ago but it's gone now. It's the best feature searching for a ew address as last night i was given a postcode and thought I was going crazy and couldn't find the option. Tomtom if you're reading this please don't make your app like Sygic it reminds me of the same feature and I hate it
  • Notlob8Notlob8 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK - what's the latest?. Been a really TomTom advocate but about to lose faith with this downgrade and looking at alternatives now
  • Idur022Idur022 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Presume this is a bug rather than deliberately breaking the product's most useful feature. When will this be patched TomTom? What are the downgrade instructions in the meantime?
  • GrandfatherGrandfather Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks so much for the 'copied address' tip but it would be much more convenient to have it back on the front page where it used to be!
  • Nobbywatts1988Nobbywatts1988 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I use the postcode function constantly throughout the day to navigate to different jobs. I no longer have this option since the update. Please bring this back ASAP !!
  • ScuzzeralexScuzzeralex Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I've struggled with this today on the UK & Ireland app and ended up switching to a competitor maps app while I'm waiting for a fix. I'll be looking for a partial refund of my Traffic subscription as I can't use the app in its current state. If TomTom ever abandons this app and stops supporting it with updates I'll be forced to move to a competitor app as TomTom Go is not fit for purpose and I'll also be looking for some compensation on the original product cost. I wouldn't even use TomTom Go if it was free! There are better options out there, original TomTom works best for me though atm.
  • Jim manJim man Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    after the recent update, and finding the postcode search with door number no longer exists after update, i deleted it off my iphone in hope to reinstall the older version. only to find out that it no longer exists. is there a way to reinstall???
  • 3agid3agid Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I updated and Postcode option has been removed, I didn't know that so I restored the settings and lost all my favourite! I'm really upset for this update! I have Mobile Europe version
  • Pintail120Pintail120 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    To be more accurate and add to my previous posts:
    If you navigate to a Contact (which only has a postcode entry) you are prompted for the town or city, this never happened previously.
    If you do not know the town or city your are forced to divert to the internet to look up the town or city.
    If you have no internet while out and mobile, you cannot proceed, the app is then useless and no longer a standalone product.
    I purchased this product for ONLY the postcode search feature, I am not upgrading to that [email protected] tomtom Go - end of.
    Tomtom / Apple should offer a roll back feature to previous versions on all the apps, I would rather stick with the previous version and old maps.
    Tomtom, should have placed a big warning stating that they are removing the postcode feature before you upgrade.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback regarding this!

The fix for this is already in the pipelines. I don't have an ETA for release but I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, you can go to Navigate To > Address and supply the first part of the post code and then select the result. You will then be asked to choose the street expected. This is obviously less than ideal but hopefully helps you find your destinations until we get the fix out.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Cheers, Mikko
  • Pintail120Pintail120 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback regarding this!

The fix for this is already in the pipelines. I don't have an ETA for release but I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, you can go to Navigate To > Address and supply the first part of the post code and then select the result. You will then be asked to choose the street expected. This is obviously less than ideal but hopefully helps you find your destinations until we get the fix out.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Cheers, Mikko

thanks for your feedback,
    so please help me understand that should I be travelling and I have no internet connection and only the postcode, how do find the streetname ?
    additionally tomtom asks for city/town first and then street name, both of these are required.
  • thewiccamanthewiccaman Posts: 30 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this!

I've reported this to the product team and they're looking into it. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Mikko

Hi Mikko,

Any idea when the postcode option will be returned - spent 10 very confused minutes looking for it & clearly other users are perplexed too?

NB: App version 1.26
  • DoubleRDoubleR Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yep, updated Tom Tom UK & Ireland a couple of days ago and the Postcode feature is missing on this map also.
  • LuanniLuanni Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Mikkok dont release any more new updates without testing them thoroughly. Tomtom should be embarrassed with these kind of silly mistakes. BRING BACK POSTCODES ASAP. Allow us to be able to revert back to the previous working version.
  • LfrancisLfrancis Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've had a message back from the Co- founder of Tom Tom....!

Dear Lee,

On behalf of Corinne, I would like to inform you that indeed a few days ago an app update of the old iOS app was launched with new maps, where unfortunately the postal codes files were not added – so the “navigate to postal code” feature didn't work properly. We are preparing a new release with this fixed, which will be released within a few days.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards,

Elsbeth

Mod edit: Please, don't post (anyone's) personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

• YouCannotBeSeriousYouCannotBeSerious Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lets hope we will be "driving home for Christmas" and not on the road to hell with TomTom
  • AD2012AD2012 Posts: 63 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Whenever I see an updated version of this app from TomTom I always take a backup of the current app file, purely because I know something like this will happen.

I will now be uninstalling the current version 1.26 and re-installing the 1.25 version.

If your computer works like mine and you have iTunes configured the same way, you may have a folder called C:\Users\Your Name\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications
    This is where the app files are stored and you may find an older version in there called something like "Europe 1.25", alternatively it may be in your recycle bin as my computer sends the older versions there when it install the newer versions of apps.
    Before you attempt this you should try and make a backup using something like imazing, this lets you browse the file structure of your iPhone and add/ change files in there.
    The mapsettings.cfg file holds your settings information and favourites etc, if you can copy this you can then re-install this file later and save yourself a lot of time!
    Imazing also lets you add your own POI files, something which for me is vital, but was deemed unimportant by TomTom!
  • Dt5150Dt5150 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Seriously Mikko 'what's your face'!!! No ETA for the update!!! Are you joking with us!!!

Let me get this right. One of the worlds leading navigation device/app companies can't fix a bug with their own app (which has been working fine for years) that fails to give an option to navigate to a post code and door number??

I will not be using the paste option but although I'm a bloke I would rather stop and ask people in the street for directions to my post code and door number who will be far more reliable than your TomTom programmers.
  • squeezyjohnsqueezyjohn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have to say that my gut reaction was that this is tomtom playing dirty tricks on us early adopter folks who paid what was top dollar for a lifetime app!

I'm very heartened to see that Mikko is convinced that this is a 'bug' ... Because if it was an intentional move to try and get us on the inferior subscription service for tomtom Go then it would be a breach of the terms and for me that is the end of my dealings with a brand.

As it stands, tomtom have still undertaken an upgrade which has removed a core functionality which shows complete contempt for the customers ... Even if this IS an error ... In which case why they don't immediately roll the software back to the previously functioning version? Seems like a simple fix to me!
  • pony1pony1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am not getting the postcode option on my iPhone app for uk and ireland
  • tobybttobybt Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have found the answer! Full postcode searches and directions are still supported!

What you have to do is:
    A. Open the App, press 'Navigate to'.
    B. Select 'AB-1 Copied Address', NOT 'ABCD Address'. The 'AB-1Copied Address' might be off screen at the bottom, or hidden, so 'Edit this Menu' to find and drag this button up.
    C. Select Yes to allow TomTom to use your location.
    D. Into the text box now type or paste the full postcode (ST12 3XY).
    E. A new screen appears showing you the proposed destination (similar screen to finding a POI).
    F. You will now be given a choice of address towns (hopefully only one choice). If the location town proposed is correct, select it.
    G. You are now shown a map of the destination, if this is correct, 'Select' it.
    H. You are now given the summary screen, press 'Done' and you're good to go!
  • Dt5150Dt5150 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Can you give a door number though or does it just give you a general location for that post code.
  • tobybttobybt Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I tried it out on several friends' houses and shops where I knew exactly where they were on the map and TomTom pinned the location perfectly. So, I can only say that the full postcode works as the starting point. It no longer asks for a number afterwards. If you have a full address, paste that in and see if the map points out the right place?
  • BucksmanBucksman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mikko, I've restored my iPhone 7 back to before the V1.26 update and managed to get the V1.25 version working on my phone only to be sent an update the following date to update it to V1.26
    I can't believe that you still have the update toggled on at this late stage.
    Can you please switch off the update service until the new fix and I can revert to the old system
  • BazookameBazookame Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Come on tomtom.... quality control is ridiculous and your reaction is slow!!! Please correct the error! Cant find accurate address without postcode search, consequently, app is useless!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online25

Elchdoktor
Elchdoktor
Helle88
Helle88
Jayney5648
Jayney5648
kumo
kumo
Lochfrass
Lochfrass