TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing — TomTom Community

TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing

sach73sachsach73sach Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Can anyone help - I can no longer enter a postcode in the tomtom w.europe Iphone app.
I used to click Navigate to, Address, then click the postcode option at the top right of the screen.
Now it goes directly to Enter City Name, with no option of choosing the postcode instead I can only choose a country.
You can start typing the first 4 letters of a postcode, then you have to enter the street name.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• EezygeezerEezygeezer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm running tom tom uk on iPhone 6, the app updated today & I've also lost the post code search! Bloody fuming. Sort it out tom tom!!!!
  • BertBertBertBert Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I couldn't agree more. Sort it out soon please!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this!

I've reported this to the product team and they're looking into it. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Mikko
  • benkeenbenkeen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    where is the postcode option gone in the new update????
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

There seems to be a problem with the Western Europe map causing this. Please, post here if you're experiencing this with any other map so that we can check it.

The team is on top of this. I'll keep you posted about the fix as soon as I learn more.

Cheers, Mikko
  • RichsykesRichsykes Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland app has also lost the facility to navigate to a postcode.

With the pressure to update to 'Go' as well as a reduction in facilities, this product seems to have had its day. I've been using it for years, purchased it on the week it was originally released at a real premium price. Sad to see it now with so little to offer.
  • StanStanGoStanStanGo Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I am also missing the postcode function since updating to V1.26.
  • Suchy101Suchy101 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OMG, is anyone even testing these updates before rolling out ???

Yes, UK and Ireland maps also postcodes missing....
  • HeatherkingdonHeatherkingdon Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes. Since yesterday I am missing the postcode option. Very frustrating as I need this for work!
  • M6pluggerM6plugger Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Postcode option is still there but now it's hidden in the Paste or type address new feature. Just type the postcode into the Paste box and the correct location comes up, well, as correct as theses things ever are! Good Luck all.
  • Kraj23Kraj23 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Postcode search also missing since i've updated (v1.26 8.300 (2523433) v980.7958). Fully deleted the app and re-downloaded but it still is missing. Running W Europe version on iOS. The sceptical part of me believes this is to push users to move to the new Go app. I really hope and trust this is just an error and will be quickly resolved.
  • sach73sachsach73sach Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks M6plugger that works! Would be nice to see it restored to its original location though.
  • LuanniLuanni Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Europe map also missing the postcodes.
  • yakkyakk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i agree with all i have same problem they have removed the app from app store the reason why they have done this is that they want you to download the free tom-tom go app which is absolute rubbish
  • DcagolfDcagolf Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    yakk wrote:
    i agree with all i have same problem they have removed the app from app store the reason why they have done this is that they want you to download the free tom-tom go app which is absolute rubbish

- I agree. Its criminal that they dismantling a very good and usable app and slowly making it worse. I hope that they re-instate the postcode in the next release, but I fear that they won't.
  • LuanniLuanni Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    TomTom is becoming crapTom. very soon it is going to be obsolete. You test an update before you make it public but hey tomtom dont do that anymore. get yout act Together tomtom.
  • brettprbrettpr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I noticed postcodes had gone to be replaced by blue navigation arrow. So I reinstalled after reading a TomTom message telling me not to worry as I had already purchased the product I would not be charged a second time. Oh dear, not true, now I have paid twice and of course still have the problem. How to get my money back and the missing postcodes... TomTom seem to be going backwards, they used to be the best
  • Pintail120Pintail120 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I upgraded and postcode search also gone.
    I paid good money for this product based purely on that functionality, Tomtom have changed the product and it is no longer what I purchased, this is illegal. I paid for features which have now been removed, either reinstate those features or reimburse me or let's go to court.

I agree with people here, general consensus will be to dump this sh!te app and use generic navigation on the iPhone itself.

The retard is strong with this one
    Additionally when attempting to navigate to a contact with only a postcode that would be straight forward by selecting the contact and selecting default prompts - NOW YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE F3CKING ROAD NAMES TO FINISH INPUTTING ADDRESS !

AGAIN THE RETARD IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE ‼
  • M6pluggerM6plugger Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Please read my earlier response, the post code facility is still available after the latest update, it's just rather hidden.
    However, I agree with general sentiments about TomTom. It's getting worse as we are pushed towards that awful shite GO which is truly awful, an aberration of a Dutch nerds mind. No wonder so many voted out!
  • GMTRB5GMTRB5 Posts: 24 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I agree, Tom Tom used to be the only navigation app I trusted .. now I use the map app from the search company and find it better and more accurate now anyway!
  • Captain KirkCaptain Kirk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Seriously? No post code option? Are you having a laugh? This needs to be fixed pronto.
  • SandauerSandauer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Postcode option missing!

Western and Central Europe 2GB
    v980.7911
    App version 8.300 (2523433)
    TomTom app v1.26

Please sort it out!!!!!!
    @m6plugger, are you inferring that FULL postcode search is available?
    If so please let us know how ?
    From what I can see it's a partial postcode search.
    This [email protected] up searching to contact.
  • Colin21958Colin21958 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem! Why on Earth have they done this? The address copy and paste option doesn't seem to find a complete address from postcode input it only seems to identify the town. I paid £70 for this app a while ago because it was worth it, but without a postcode search option it's not worth a penny! I now feel I have been ripped off! The TomTom Go app is completely useless and not a patch on the Europe App, or at least the way it used to be. I hope TomTom will put the postcode search feature back into the app and quickly otherwise I may aldo consider suing as they have fundamentally changed the system that I paid for detrimentally.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online14

ddodgeman
ddodgeman
hulkyboy
hulkyboy
Lost_Soul
Lost_Soul
Osborneyx
Osborneyx
Sam1970
Sam1970