New TomTom VIO app for Android and iPhone available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 [Retired Community Staff Employee]
edited January 31 in TomTom VIO
Hi all,

We've just released updates to the TomTom VIO apps for Android and iPhone and they're available for download in Google PlayStore in iTunes AppStore respectively.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]

Version numbers:
Android: 1.3.0
iPhone: 1.2.0

- The app now displays your current speed and the speed limit on your TomTom VIO screen.

Ride safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 [Retired Community Staff Employee]
    Hi all,

We just released a minor update for the VIO app for iPhone and Android:

[h3]What’s New[/h3]
    Bug fixes and improvements.

Version:
    TomTom VIO for iPhone v.1.2.1
    TomTom VIO for Android v1.3.1

Cheers, Mikko
  • ClangabellClangabell Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When will it show the distance to destination on the vio device, I can see the distance on my phone but only the time of arrival on my device
  • cdwisecdwise Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    When will the My Routes feature of the Android App be available on the iPhone?
  • yodyod Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    +1 along with adding Stops on iPhone.
  • RigolleMRigolleM Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    If you want routes and stops just bye a TT Rider.
    No way that TT will add this on the VIO for that kind of money. If they add it a whole bunch of people will bye it instead of the expensive Rider (it's THE missing link for the most motorcycle users).
    They already have the capability to create and save routes in the Android app for the Vio. The problem is that it is not available in the iPhone app. I already have a motorcycle specific GPS in fact I've owned 3 different ones over the last 10 years all Garmins as is the one in my car because I prefer their interface but I prefer the Vio's ease of taking of/on and find that it mounts better on scooters which I've crossed the US on multiple times. Even in the city there are often multiple stops during the day and it would help to be able to use it without having to reprogram at every stop. For example today I had a morning meeting, afternoon jury duty and am now having coffee afterwards.

Give the iPhone app parity with Android and TomTom will make a lot of people happy. Most folks who would buy a Vio will not buy a Rider especially those who ride scooters/bikes without exposed handlebars. Besides the small form factor of the mirror stem mount for the Vio doesn't interfere with the classic looks of a Vespa GTS like a ram mount and big connector for something like the Rider does.
  • RigolleMRigolleM Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The Android app doesn't support routes, like you create a route via MyDrive or MyRouteapp and upload it through MyDrive! If you create a route in MyDrive he doesn't sync it to the VIO app. TomTom Go app supports MyDrive synchronisation, and with a decent mount you can use it on a motorcycle, scooter, bike,... but I prefer a single GPS device.
    I also like the feature 'Windingness' on a motorcycle, I don't want to drive on main roads.
    Manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/vio/refman/TomTom-VIO-UM-en-gb.pdf Page 44 adding stops to your route Android only, page 45 reordering stops, page 46 saving your routes. Again all of these are Android only.

Other Android only features include avoiding blocked roads, find alternate route, skip your next stop, reordering stops, as well as searching along a route which would be very useful for locating gas stops.
  • ilmoskiilmoski Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    cdwise wrote:
    I'm waiting this feature too
  • max.jonckmax.jonck Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ilmoski wrote:
    cdwise wrote:
    I'm waiting this feature too

Me as well!!!.......