Rider UI Improvement Request — TomTom Community

Rider UI Improvement Request

312hooligan312hooligan Posts: 83 [Master Explorer]
edited January 20 in RIDER
Hi TomTom. Will the engineers consider adding the following simple UI enhancement request?

The ability to show current time on the map when not in navigation mode. I am thankful that the ability to show current in guidance mode was added in a firmware update last year, but it will be helpful for a similar setting for non-guidance mode. For example, for times when I don't need turn-by-turn navigation, and I know where I want to (or get lost without any planning), I'll just have my Rider show my current location. But current time isn't displayed, nor can I turn it on. I have to hit the Menu button to see the time.

I have previously made this request during 15.600, with no acknowledgment. As of 16.201, this simple feature isn't still available. Maybe with the delay of 16.5, perhaps this can be added in the next release? Thanks!

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/rider-400-ui-improvements-request-997485

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi 312hooligan,

Thanks for your feedback!

This has indeed been requested here a few times and we've forwarded the feedback to the product team, and I will log it again. However, I don't have further information currently when/whether this improvement might be implemented in a future software update.

Displaying current time is now a route bar feature which is why it requires a route to be planned.

Cheers, Mikko