New software v1.3.254 for Spark, Runner 2, Spark 3, Runner 3 and Adventurer available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New software v1.3.254 for Spark, Runner 2, Spark 3, Runner 3 and Adventurer available for download

2

Comments

  • dpelchatdpelchat Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Everything is working good for me... I noticed that the HRM was reading slightly higher BPMs on today's workout... It always seemed to lag a little bit since I've had the watch but its accuracy seems improved now. And I burned more calories!
  • EES1EES1 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I followed the procedure to let the watch completely discharge the battery until the screen was blank and reconnect the app again, and now everything runs apparently fine. Thanks for the help. By the way, it took about 48 hours till full discharge
  • TimmyB1957TimmyB1957 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Two things, one good, one not. First, when I launch the app on my phone, it seems to find the watch WITHOUT me having to press a button to wake the watch. It also uploads the activities FIRST, before the gps updates, which I don't believe it did before. I literally have my phone buzzing me to notify me that my new activities have made it to Training Peaks in less than 30 seconds, which it didn't do before. However, once my connection between the watch and phone has ended, my phone continuously shows the notification "TomTom MySports Not connected", which is annoying. Not the end of the world, but wondering why this is happening.
  • HvdWHvdW Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there a known bug for updating?
    I cannot update t0 1.2.325.
    My watch has 1.3.25
    Everything seems fine, connection OK, about 5 seconds after start update it displays: Something went wrong.
    Disconnect device and try again.
    This trying again annoyes me as it has been over 20 times and on different days by now.

    Some advice is apreciated.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    HvdW wrote:
    Is there a known bug for updating?
    I cannot update t0 1.2.325.
    My watch has 1.3.25
    Everything seems fine, connection OK, about 5 seconds after start update it displays: Something went wrong.
    Disconnect device and try again.
    This trying again annoyes me as it has been over 20 times and on different days by now.

    Some advice is apreciated.

    I haven't heard about a bug. I would uninstall MySports Connect, download a fresh copy from tomtom.com/123 and try again. If it still doesn't work, try a factory reset of the watch which will install the latest firmware. If that fails, I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

    I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • HABENTURAHABENTURA Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    No funciona la sincronización del reloj con el dispositivo móvil como antes.
    Después de esta última actualización, no hay forma de hacer que el reloj se comunique con el móvil, con lo que, es imposible sincronizar los datos a no ser que sea a través del PC.
    Nadie con este mismo problema ?
    Probado tanto en iOS como en Android 6,0
    ________________________________________________

    Does not work the synchronization of the clock with the mobile device as before.
    After this last update, there is no way that the clock communicates with the mobile, so, it is impossible to synchronize data unless it is through the PC.
    Anyone with the same problem?
    Tested both on iOS as in Android 6.0
  • HvdWHvdW Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @tfarabaugh
    New install of MySports connect wasn't a solution
    A factory reset resulted in the same remark on the screen: Something went wrong, disconnect your device and connect again and try again.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,748 Moderator
    HABENTURA wrote:
    Does not work the synchronization of the clock with the mobile device as before.
    After this last update, there is no way that the clock communicates with the mobile, so, it is impossible to synchronize data unless it is through the PC.
    Anyone with the same problem?
    Tested both on iOS as in Android 6.0

    Please contact our customer support to get this reported with Phone model/MySports App version installed. They will be able to assist and investigate further.

    You can click on the 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/email them.

    Cheers,
    lampard
  • nathgastonnathgaston Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since the update my mother couldn't listen her playlist in the right order (she named her songs like "01Adele" "02jim" etc because she wanted to listen it in this order) it as ok since the update. Now it's a random order. And she said that before she can change this on the watch in "playlist->mode->odre" (in french) but it disapear with the update. Please can you explain me how to resolve her problem ? Or this is a bug ?
  • LouLawsonLouLawson Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since plugging in my watch for charging and receiving this upgrade my watch now displays tomtom.com/reset when I unplug it. Do I just need to carry out a factory reset or are there any other recommendations? First issue I've had with my TomTom runner 2.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    LouLawson wrote:
    Since plugging in my watch for charging and receiving this upgrade my watch now displays tomtom.com/reset when I unplug it. Do I just need to carry out a factory reset or are there any other recommendations? First issue I've had with my TomTom runner 2.

    I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

    1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.
    * If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

    If that does not work you should try a full factory reset and if that also fails, call Customer Support. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LouLawsonLouLawson Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks - factory reset was the only option that worked.
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    @nathgaston there should still be that menu option, can you not now see it? (When you select a playlist you then press right, and can select to play it in normal or shuffled mode.) If you no longer have this menu option, then something strange has gone wrong and you may want to try a factory reset.

    Otherwise, could it be that the actual order of tracks in the playlist has been changed. The order won't necessarily be alphabetical.
  • HvdWHvdW Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    HvdW wrote:
    Is there a known bug for updating?
    I cannot update to 1.2.325.
    My watch has 1.3.25
    Everything seems fine, connection OK, about 5 seconds after start update it displays: Something went wrong.
    Disconnect device and try again.
    This trying again annoyes me as it has been over 20 times and on different days by now.
    Some advice is apreciated.
    Same goes for factory reset which didn't work too.

    Solution:
    Switched computer from Windows 10 to Windows 7
    Everything went smooth.

    BTW W10 has shown a lot of buggy behavior, I still don't like it!
  • Ivan CarlosIvan Carlos Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Reading the comments above, I realize that only I had the misfortune to have a problem at my watch after the update. Before upgrading to the new version, my watch worked perfectly, all sensors, etc. However, after upgrading, the clock began to not find more GPS signal, sleep sensors, walking, calories, hours activity stopped working. So far so good, just take in a technical assistance and problem solved. But as I bought the watch in a quick trip to the United States do not have to arrange for assistance in the apparatus of the country of purchase because it would need to reside there. Finally, I will have to wait for the release of the clock here in Brazil so that the problem can be solved.

    Other than that, I had absolutely no negative experience with the watch, I always had the best feedback on the TomTom brand, but I had the zest of it, which does not detract from the positive points of the brand that in my view have always been the differential.
  • RethmdRethmd Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Come on TomTom, Garmin with the current pricing of the Fenix 5 series is giving you an opportunity to capture some portion of their market. From reading various forums I believe your GPS accuracy and heart rate sensors are superior to Garmins. Why can't you add a true multi-sport mode (e.g. triathlon) to your watches? How about open water swimming - something at least similar to your competitors. While not perfect something that is based on some sort of smoothing algorithm? You already have an advantage with the on-board music capability, albeit it needs some improving (I for one totally agree with johnrebus position stated above regarding audiobooks).

    I believe the Garmin Fenix series is falling victim to "featureitus" which I have seen many software firms do during my career.
  • FenixfenixFenixfenix Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I and many more people gstavamos that TomTom in the next update, put, the activity of REMOS, inside and outside .... is what is missing to be complete. They could also think of putting the notifications as the majority of the competition has. Thank you
  • rhapsodizerrhapsodizer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm experiencing a strange issue since I updated my Spark 3.
    Now I have 2 new problems in syncing with MySports app:
    1. My iPhone 5s bluetooth connection with Spark 3 "fall" sometimes and I need to go to the watch "sync" option and turn OFF and then ON.
    2. When bluetooth is connected, I open the app, but the app doesn't find the Spark, despite it is associated.
    I need to sync it with My Sports with USB cable.
    Is it a bug or do i need to contact support?
  • Chrille_mChrille_m Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nice update! But still can not change the starting day of the week :(
    When will it come :?
  • ScalposScalpos Posts: 28 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Rethmd wrote:
    From reading various forums I believe your GPS accuracy and heart rate sensors are superior to Garmins.
    ...
    I believe the Garmin Fenix series is falling victim to "featureitus" which I have seen many software firms do during my career.
    Regarding GPS accuracy (click to read detailed facts) it's funny to see TomTom devices are only average, and not superior. Some devices are actually even far superior to the Runner device, with the same SIRFstarIV chip TomTom uses. When my TomTom Runner 2 regularly had to wait THREE minutes and more to get a fix, partner's devices where always fixed in 30s MAX. And my current Vivoactive HR is rarely fixed in more than 10s, 3-5s are usually enough...
    Regarding featureitus, TomTom devices is probably fine for most of casual runners and some athletes too, but the customisations offered (like interval training ? :? Not the basic one available with TomTom) by other devices are not gadget and are beyond compare, even when you consider Vivoactive HR which is in the same price range than Runner 3, and even cheaper.
    You won't see any ultra runner with a TomTom, as they need long standing devices, and most of them can even be recharged during activity.
  • aldred arendsaldred arends Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was always able to see every completed kilo it use to vibrate every kilo and give me the pace for that kilo now it don't what is wrong what can I do because it was very helpfull
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    I was always able to see every completed kilo it use to vibrate every kilo and give me the pace for that kilo now it don't what is wrong what can I do because it was very helpfull

    You probably haev splits turned off. Go to the activity start screen, press down and go to Splits and make sure it is turned on (make sure you press right once you have selected on to save the change).
  • ou999ou999 Posts: 74 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Scalpos wrote:
    Rethmd wrote:
    From reading various forums I believe your GPS accuracy and heart rate sensors are superior to Garmins.
    ...
    I believe the Garmin Fenix series is falling victim to "featureitus" which I have seen many software firms do during my career.
    Regarding GPS accuracy (click to read detailed facts) it's funny to see TomTom devices are only average, and not superior. Some devices are actually even far superior to the Runner device, with the same SIRFstarIV chip TomTom uses. When my TomTom Runner 2 regularly had to wait THREE minutes and more to get a fix, partner's devices where always fixed in 30s MAX. And my current Vivoactive HR is rarely fixed in more than 10s, 3-5s are usually enough...
    Regarding featureitus, TomTom devices is probably fine for most of casual runners and some athletes too, but the customisations offered (like interval training ? :? Not the basic one available with TomTom) by other devices are not gadget and are beyond compare, even when you consider Vivoactive HR which is in the same price range than Runner 3, and even cheaper.
    You won't see any ultra runner with a TomTom, as they need long standing devices, and most of them can even be recharged during activity.

    Of course, your mileage may vary with such devices. But my Spark Cardio + Music is really fast to acquire a GPS fix if it has updated QuickGPS. It Is always below 5 seconds, and most of the time instantly. This has improved over the time, and the most recent firmware is really fast for my watch in my experience.
  • Rick1132Rick1132 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I updated my Spark/Runner2 from version 1.3.250 to 1.3.254 and the optical heart rate monitor is nearly useless now. Using version 1.3.250 heart rate would usually lock in after approx. 10 minutes, the first 10 minutes the heart rate is around 30 beats too high. Now after updating to 1.3.254 heart rate monitoring is nearly useless it is always at least 30 beats too high for almost my entire run. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

    When will there be an update for how swim speed is measured? Right now it is in miles per hour but I was looking for pace per 100yards or per 100meters which is the traditional measurement.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    Rick1132 wrote:
    I updated my Spark/Runner2 from version 1.3.250 to 1.3.254 and the optical heart rate monitor is nearly useless now. Using version 1.3.250 heart rate would usually lock in after approx. 10 minutes, the first 10 minutes the heart rate is around 30 beats too high. Now after updating to 1.3.254 heart rate monitoring is nearly useless it is always at least 30 beats too high for almost my entire run. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

    When will there be an update for how swim speed is measured? Right now it is in miles per hour but I was looking for pace per 100yards or per 100meters which is the traditional measurement.

    For the HR issues, I would try a factory reset in case it was an issue with the firmware install. If that doesn't work, call Customer Support as it may be a failure in the sensor. I have never seen any mention of any plans to change swimming. There has to be sufficient user demand to justify resources for programming and since swimming is the least used mode on the watch, I doubt the demand is at the required level. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

    To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

    To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

    I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0