Tom Tom Rider 400- Directing to the incorrect location and route planning — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Rider 400- Directing to the incorrect location and route planning

jumper95604jumper95604 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 26 in RIDER
Many things about my Tom Tom Rider 400 impress me. My first 150 mile trip, destination #1 and #2 were spot on directions. Destination #3 I was directed to the wrong driveway entrance and had to refer to address to locate the correct driveway entrance. Destination #4 I was notified I had arrived even though I was on the freeway! I had to exit the freeway 2miles down and take a side street per my own personal navigation. Also, the arrow the points on your route at times multiplies into four arrows (vibration?). My Garmin roommate tells me he is always directed to exact location. Do I give Tom Tom a chance or should I accept the enevitable. For the price, I deserve to be directed to the location doorstep. Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    HI jumper95604,

Welcome to the Community!

The wrong entrance for your destination #3 could be a map error. However, the other issues indicate something wrong. As a first measure, I'd recommend you to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data and trip statistics. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Should you still continue to experience these issues, please report them to Customer Service. They can best get to the bottom of them and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 286 [Exalted Navigator]
    Many things about my Tom Tom Rider 400 impress me. My first 150 mile trip, destination #1 and #2 were spot on directions. Destination #3 I was directed to the wrong driveway entrance and had to refer to address to locate the correct driveway entrance. Destination #4 I was notified I had arrived even though I was on the freeway! I had to exit the freeway 2miles down and take a side street per my own personal navigation. Also, the arrow the points on your route at times multiplies into four arrows (vibration?). My Garmin roommate tells me he is always directed to exact location. Do I give Tom Tom a chance or should I accept the enevitable. For the price, I deserve to be directed to the location doorstep. Any thoughts anyone?

are the multiple arrows at the top ?? they will direct you what lanes to be in along the way, turning or not, if that makes sense.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Joel S. wrote:
    are the multiple arrows at the top ?? they will direct you what lanes to be in along the way, turning or not, if that makes sense.
    Good point! jumper9504, are you seeing something like this [user manual]?

Cheers, Mikko