Skoda Smartlink- Using TomTom maps — TomTom Community

Skoda Smartlink- Using TomTom maps

GaryTurnerGaryTurner Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Is there any way to connect any TomTom to a smartlink car system. I have a new Skoda Superb that when you plug in your mobile allows use of the apple maps on the radio display. I would ideally like to use the car display but use TomTom maps in one form or another. Do "any" of the dash mounted systems allow such integration or is there any way to get it to show a TomTom app?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,841 Moderator
    Hi Gary,

Welcome to the Community!

We provide Software, Maps, and Traffic for some of the models and according to our agreement, Skoda provides all support for these products. You can check with your car dealer (Skoda)whether a TomTom product is available for your car.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • GaryTurnerGaryTurner Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for welcoming me and for your comments. I have contacted my local Skoda dealer and hopefully will get somewhere, if all else fails I will revert to a separate dash/ window TomTom unit.
  • AndybroAndybro Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. Let me know if you get it to work as getting a Skoda this week & want to use my tom tom sat sav as it has built in live traffic updats.
  • GaryTurnerGaryTurner Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Andybro, didn't manage to solve it. For now just using phone map so it shows on the cars radio display. Miss having a built in sat nav and alternate route planning etc. It's not as good using phone but suppose I will get by.