Mitsubishi Outlander Juro PHEV With TomTom Built In — TomTom Community

Mitsubishi Outlander Juro PHEV With TomTom Built In

rtimms2606082rtimms2606082 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Dear All

Not sure if anybody has any advice, or can help, but worth a shot I figured. I took delivery of my brand new Outlander PHEV Juro yesterday, which has the Mitsubishi Global Navigation Head Unit Installed, meaning tom tom sat nav.. Woo Hoo!

As a long term tom tom customer, with my current device being a Go 510 which I have been happily using for the last couple of years I was delighted by this of course... However, it has dawned on me today that there is one major issue.. The tom tom integrated into my dashboard appears not to have live services, or anyway of accessing live services. For me that is an absolute deal breaker.. I use the live traffic almost everyday and simply cannot get by without it.

Now, obviously I could just plug my existing Go 510 into the car and carry on using that, but it seems such an incredible waste and unnecessary fuss, when there is a tom tom integrated into the car's system. Also the built in tom tom mutes the radio for instructions etc etc. I really would like to not have to use my existing standalone unit separate to the built in navigation, but at present cannot find a workaround of any sort.

My local Halfords mentioned today that if I speak with Tom Tom they may be able to issue a new firmware update which I could download to the car and this might allow me to connect the built in sat nav to live services, even if it did have to use my smartphone for the data connection, although obviously that is not an ideal situation having been used to the built in modem on the go 510.

Has anybody else heard anything about this, had experience of this or know any kind of workaround? I would even be willing to pay a reasonable one off fee if there is a way of getting it sorted, as I really would like to just be able to use the built in system and nothing else, after all thats what its there for! I may have to investigate using apple maps through car play should I not be able to find a workaround, of fix of some kind, but would really rather not!

Hoping that somebody can help, or at least put me on to somebody that can help.

Thanks
Robbie

Comments

• rtimms2606082rtimms2606082 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just wondered if anybody from Tom Tom out there has any advice regarding this issue?

Thanks
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    Call them and find out:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • randybonnetterandybonnette Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited July 8
    My local Halfords mentioned today that if I speak with Tom Tom they may be able to issue a new firmware update which I could download to the car and this might allow me to connect the built in sat nav to live services, even if it did have to use my smartphone for the data connection, although obviously that is not an ideal situation having been used to the built in modem on the go 510.

Has anybody else heard anything about this, had experience of this or know any kind of workaround? I would even be willing to pay a reasonable one off fee if there is a way of getting it sorted, as I really would like to just be able to do my essay and use the built in system and nothing else, after all thats what its there for! I may have to investigate using apple maps through car play should I not be able to find a workaround, of fix of some kind, but would really rather not!

Hoping that somebody can help, or at least put me on to somebody that can help.

Thanks
    Robbie

I used SatNav a couple of months ago, but then I had to sell my Outlander PHEV 4H. I contacted TomTom directly and asked for help with the installation.