Indoor Cycling on Multisports — TomTom Community

Indoor Cycling on Multisports

SonjauysSonjauys Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Is there any chance you might add indoor cycling as a category?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,522
    Superusers
    Sonjauys wrote:
    Is there any chance you might add indoor cycling as a category?

i would say the chances of that happening are slim to none. The Multisport is almost 4 years old and is 4 generations old and is apparently not getting any more updates. if you want other sports modes you will need to upgrade to a newer model that includes them.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Ride2NowhereRide2Nowhere Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is very dissapointing. So what is product lifecycle? 1 year?
    I will remember that when buying my next sport watch. If Tom Tom doesn't invest in upgrades of their current products, I won't invest in Tom Tom (or I should say Toy Toy, cause that is a good name of the brand for product with 1 indoor activity type- this is rather a toy than a serious sport watch)
    :(
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,522
    Superusers
    The watch has been out for over 4 years and there have been 3 generations since then, so they are well beyond the expected life cycle of the device. In the sports watch industry it is pretty standard to release a new watch every year or so and start phasing out of the old ones within two, and in this respect TomTom is no different from their competition (in fact they supported it longer than most would, particularly as it was their first model).
  • SonjauysSonjauys Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    At least Tomtom doesn't ascribe to planned obsolescence. I love my watch and see no reason to change. It's the reason why I have more than one Tomtom device and will continue to support them. No contest.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0