Setup/Map download hangs on GO Mobile app — TomTom Community

Setup/Map download hangs on GO Mobile app

Mr DeeMr Dee Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
Hi all I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction . . . hehe no pun intended
I have always used TomTom Go for android as it was always the best, I use it with my 7" tablet and there was never a problem . . .
Then for some reason it did not seem to boot correctly so I thought maybe I should uninstall it and then re-download it from the play store just incase there was an update which would fix the non boot into app problem.
Since downloading it again it installs fine and goes through the setup process fine and then goes to map downloads to install a map (this is where it all goes weird) When I click on the UK map to download it says its 870 mb and starts to download and then usually hangs at around 4% so when I go out and go back in again to try re-install the UK map it says its 777mb ! and then it always hangs at 58%
I have been re-trying this for months now with the same outcome, have uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled many times and always the same problem, it does not matter if I save it to internal storage or SD card, and I don't know what else I can try - HELP ! :(

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks all

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Mr Dee,

Welcome to the Community!

Pointing you to the right direction is indeed what we do here :D;)

Are you getting some error message when the download stops or is it just freezing? If yes, could you post a screenshot of it, please?

Are you using a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection?

Could you also mention the model and Android version of your table, please?

Thanks, Mikko
  • Mr DeeMr Dee Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for your response :-) There are no error messages, just get the rotating downloading symbol but the % download stops and that's all, every time no matter what I have tried for the last couple of months, its on a, Alcatel OneTouch Pop 7s android version 4.3 and downloading via wifi
  • PHLPHL Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Try downloading a larger map that contains the UK. I had a similar problem with the SW USA map. When I downloaded the entire USA map, it worked fine.

Turns out that the SW USA map was corrupted. The UK map might have a similar issue.
    Hi Mr Dee,

Thanks for coming back!

There's no known issue with the UK map but trying with another is also a good idea. Further I'd recommend the following steps:
    • Remove the SD-card (if you're using one)
    • Clear the app's data (Settings > Apps > GO > Clear data). Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive
    • Start the app and download the map again
    • Insert the SD-card again

Should this not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
    Made no difference mikko, and sounds like a good plan PHL but I would need to buy a bigger sd card to download the bigger Europe map and did not want to waste my money if it did not work :-/
    OK Today I needed to go on a journey so I thought I would use my TomTom via my Samsung Galaxy S5 as that has always been installed and worked fine like the tablet used to, as I booted up the app it said 'update available for this map' so I pressed 'update' and now that has the same problem as the Alcatel tablet, frozen at 58% so now I cant use TomTom Go at all on any device !
    Alcatel OneTouch Pop 7s android version 4.3 and downloading via wifi
    Samsung Galaxy S5 android version 6.0.1 downloading via wifi
    both exactly the same problem, surely it cannot just be me !

HI Mr Dee,

I'm sorry to hear your issue persists!

Please, see some further troubleshooting provided my Vikram here.

Should that not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further assistance as we're not likely to be able to help you further here on the forum.

Cheers, Mikko
    Do you have a link or address for customer service for the TomTom Go app ?

Thanks
    Hi Mr Dee,

There's a Contact us link in the bottom of this page.

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0