My watch stopped working — TomTom Community

My watch stopped working

Ibrahim MiguelIbrahim Miguel Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
TomTom multisports cardio watch went crazy and cannot use it. As soon as I get it out of charging the screen starts changing from one place to another and won't allow me time to set anything. Cannot use it in any way, tried to reset using the instructions on the page and did not fix it. Any help pleasee, finally Im using it and really need it. Since it is changing screens all the time eats the battery really fast without using it at all. Nothing works???Helppp'.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,810
    Superusers
    TomTom multisports cardio watch went crazy and cannot use it. As soon as I get it out of charging the screen starts changing from one place to another and won't allow me time to set anything. Cannot use it in any way, tried to reset using the instructions on the page and did not fix it. Any help pleasee, finally Im using it and really need it. Since it is changing screens all the time eats the battery really fast without using it at all. Nothing works???Helppp'.

It sounds like the button may be stick, can you move it around at all and pry it up a bit if it is stuck. Otherwise it may be a hardware issue. At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MfmRunMfmRun Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Exactly same problem. It just lay on the table unplugged, and all of a sudden I heard a sound of readiness for training and vibrations as like from the pressing of a buttons. I tried to reset and to mash buttons but to no avail. Also it created a workout with some distance covered (about 100-200m) although they continued to lie on the table. It reacts only to pressing the button "down": stops loop of changing screens right-left-right-etc, and acts like in the normal case of keep pressing.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/runner-multi-sport-184/tomtom-multisport-watch-button-not-working-1025137 Yes, it seems that the right button is sticking. Damn it. It starts feeling sluggish some time ago but works till now.
  • MfmRunMfmRun Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    So I remove "metal surround" from the operation button. Even without it right button works as if it under continuous pressing. I can press any button with any thin narrow object (they are all - buttons - felt the same way, and there are sound of a click), but it doesn't help yet.

After some clicking, watch returned to normal state, but it can go crazy again spontaneously... I had two such cases already. Very shaky. Probably the clock needs to be completely disassembled and repaired, if it is possible at all. Less than 2 years in use.
  • BmallyBmally Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exact same problem - about a week ago. The watch went berserk and then stopped working. The buttons are a bit stiff but are moving, nothing is responding however. Furthermore, I cant do a soft restart or anything as the watch is not recognizing the charger.
    Is there any way you can restart the watch without connecting it to a pc?