HRM screen info on TomTom Multisport GPS Watch — TomTom Community

HRM screen info on TomTom Multisport GPS Watch

crazylegsowenmcgeecrazylegsowenmcgee Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi Everyone, Juststarting out with my TomTom Multi-Sport GPS Watch with chest HRM unit. First run out & I set it to zone 'Speed', but in 1st couple of miles I was getting constant buzzing from the watch, a circular target pattern/icon on screen flashed up, followed shortly after by a large white arrow pointing up. Couldn't fathom at time if this meant I should run faster to increase my heart rate OR if it was indicating that my heart rate was up too much and I should slow down! After a bit of experimentation during the run I concluded it was the former. However, looking through the manuals available on the TomTom website, I cannot see guidance on this aspect of the HRM & its use. Not sure if I'm right. Can someone point me at a guide or webpage explaining these screens/icons.

Comments

• crazylegsowenmcgeecrazylegsowenmcgee Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK. 2nd time out and now I THINK the UP arrow appearing indicates your heart rate is too high (so slow down) Similarly, if you get the arrow pointing down it's saying your heart rate is too low for the Zone you've chosen (so speed up). There do not appear to be any videos on this aspect of the HRM functionality & nothing mentioned in any manuals on the TomTom website - really poor!
  • crazylegsowenmcgeecrazylegsowenmcgee Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    WOW - absolutely no replies. No-one knows for certain. My initial GUESS about how the HRM indicators/buzzes work seem to be contradicted bu another forum post I found though...They say,
    "The down arrow indicates you are above your zone and need to drop back into it so it could be you were hovering just at the top of the zone and so it was constantly slipping in and out. I think it may only alert you when you leave a zone, not constantly while you are out of it, so once you get above it if you stay there it only alerts you once you drop down to the zone again. "

All totally confusing and really, worthy of a paragraph or two in the instruction booklet OR online. Baffled as to why others have not demanded further guidance from TomTom!!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi crazylegsowenmcgee,

I'm sorry to see you haven't got any replies to your question here!

It sounds indeed like you've set a heart rate zone for yourself and the watch is signalling you to stay in your target zone. For more information about this, please see here [user manual].

Please, post back here if you have any further questions :D

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0