GO Mobile App doesn't load on Samsung S5 — TomTom Community

GO Mobile App doesn't load on Samsung S5

CHAZBAXCHAZBAX Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Got same problem with Samsung 7, thought tom tom would be on the ball....

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi CHAZBAX,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you using an SD card inside your smartphone formatted to exFAT? This could cause the issue you're describing. exFAT is the format used by default with many SD cards or 32 GB and above. (you can determine the file system of a microSD card is to mount it in a USB adapter and view its properties using a PC)

If you're not able to format your SD card to FAT32 too or use it with your phone, please contact Customer Service so that they can look into it and forward the required details to out technicians.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • MrHuskyMrHusky Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi CHAZBAX,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you using an SD card inside your smartphone formatted to exFAT? This could cause the issue you're describing. exFAT is the format used by default with many SD cards or 32 GB and above. (you can determine the file system of a microSD card is to mount it in a USB adapter and view its properties using a PC)

If you're not able to format your SD card to FAT32 too or use it with your phone, please contact Customer Service so that they can look into it and forward the required details to out technicians.

Cheers,
    lampard

the FAT32 file system is not mandatory for sd-cards Android smartphones with the Tomtom Go Mobile app for Android. It is however mandatory for Tomtom navigation devices.
  • IanS100IanS100 Posts: 302 [Supreme Navigator]
    ExFat had been around for 10 years + and is optimised for SD cards etc, so why doesn't TomTom Go support ExFat?
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Before installing TomTom, eject your SD card. Then run TT and download the map of your choice. Finally, re-insert your SD.

Also, for future map updates, eject the SD first before downloading.

This is a guaranteed method of getting TT to run on a wide range of Android devices, providing you have enough space on your internal device memory. I have proved this many times on Galaxy S3, Galaxy S5, Moto X Force, Moto X Style, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, etc., on a variety of different Android versions, both stock and custom... need I go on?

Fundamentally, if you want TT to run without issue on Android, then USE INTERNAL MEMORY ONLY.
  • IanS100IanS100 Posts: 302 [Supreme Navigator]
    Yemble wrote:
    Before installing TomTom, eject your SD card. Then run TT and download the map of your choice. Finally, re-insert your SD.

........... I have proved this many times on Galaxy S3, Galaxy S5, Moto X Force, Moto X Style, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, etc., on a variety of different Android versions, both stock and custom... need I go on?

Yes, Go on?