Bandit Compatibility with Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor — TomTom Community

Bandit Compatibility with Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor

sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Can anyone confirm if the Polar H7 HRM will work with the Bandit? I have a Runtastic HRM that I feel should work with it, but it doesn't. I don't want to buy another HRM that not compatible. I would buy the TomTom version, but want something that is dual band and works with Bluetooth and on the gym equipment.

Comments

• the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The Bandit according to other threads will only work with the TomTom Strap
  • sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    According to the Bandit documentation..... "You can also use the external Heart Rate Monitor with other Bluetooth® Smart Ready devices and apps".

I know they guarantee the TomTom HRM to work, but other HRM should work as well as long as they are Bluetooth smart devices. Runtastic and Polar are pretty big names (especially Polar). I'm not buying a HRM from a Chinese website for a couple of dollars.
  • gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    yes, the H7 should work... BUT be aware that I've had issues with the H7 strap in the past, connecting with my iphone (basically, it would connect and work ok initially but would get stuck on a random value after a dozen mn and just stay there)... never had any issue with rebranded chinese stuff (both tomtom and decathlon - some french sports brand)...

note that the H7 is a specific dual band model that has the capacity to transmit HR under water to some other Polar devices (I initially got it in order to use with my Polar V800) I suspect the dual band thing is the cause behind the incompatibility issues I witnessed. If swimming is not among your intended uses (and you don't own a v800 or other compatible device) I really don't see a reason to buy a H7 over another (cheaper) strap

now, the weird thing is that you seem to have issues connecting your runtastic belt to the Bandit (Runtastic is probably another one of these brands that just gets their stuff from a 3rd party in China and stamps their logo on btw...) imo, you should make sure the batteries are ok, unpair the band from any other device it could be paired to (phone for example) make sure to wear the band when trying to connect, etc. if it still fails a call to customer support could help. (oh, and maybe a reset of the camera, maybe...?)
  • Steinar GrandeSteinar Grande Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Traveler]
    As long as the strap states it's It’s Bluetooth Smart & ANT+ compatible it should connect...I posted something about this area here - https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/search/activity/topics?userid=530637