TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Corrupted map updates- no maps found

AGTAGT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 6 in Map installation
Does anyone know when the corrupted USA and the combined Europe maps will be corrected and ready for download? Customer support suggested (correctly) that I should load the UK only map which obviously won't be enough when I go travelling next month!

Thanks,
Andrew

Comments

• the_orangethe_orange Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I tried several times with this yesterday (23rd Nov), and got so frustrated I smashed my TomTom Go 400. Yes. That's right, I smashed my TomTom Go out of sheer frustration.

Thanks TomTom.
  • tinfiretinfire Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I actually got the US mapping yesterday (23rd) although it didn't install to my SD Card automatically .
    I had to install to SD Card from the contents section of MyDriveConnect but when I checked it seemed to be working OK with my US points of interest all plotted correctly.
    It was Europe that gave me problems until this morning's (24thNov) new version came on line.

It's almost 2 years since I returned to TomTom and I continue to be shocked at TomTom's inability to update their hardware in an efficient manner. It must be an awful job working for TomTom support and I admire the poor guy in these groups that tries to stay cheerful:8
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,238 TomTom Moderator
    Hi all

The issue with the new maps has now been fixed.

Please check the announcement on the below link:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-installation-43/v980-map-installation-fails-with-certain-maps-on-some-devices-1014796/index1.html

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.