Golfer won't synch or reset — TomTom Community

Golfer won't synch or reset

mickeyb37mickeyb37 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Bought my Tomtom golf watch a couple months ago. Have enjoyed it and never had any problems with it. Yesterday it just froze and showed 4:24 as the time. When it runs out of battery power it doesn't freeze like this. So I charged it and it shows me a picture of the watch and a cable connecting to a computer. Connected it to my computer, set up the TomTom Mysports connect and it shows it applies an update and then gets in a loop where it tries to update courses. How do I get it to reset and then reinstall courses/software?

Comments

• Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi. When you say it gets in a loop what happens exactly? Does it display an error with updating the courses? If you go to the Settings page of MySports Connect (coc icon, top right) and use the 'Send now' buttons of the Submit App Data in the Advanced Section. Do this WITHOUT the watch connected (otherwise you will have problems getting to the Settings page because it will be updating the courses).

When you do this it will display a Reference Id ("XX......"), post that here so I can find the log files.

The final thing you can do is a recovery mode reset. This will remove all the maps and re-install the firmware. It should take about 90mins to download and re-install the maps. This should work, but without knowing what is currently happening I can't be sure. See this page for how to do a recovery mode reset.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19249/locale/en_gb

Thanks,

Stuart.
  • PindersfishPindersfish Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have had the same problem with my watch which is less than 12 months old. Even the reset will not work!! I keep going round in circles. thoroughly fed up with this device. Ready to ditch and get a refund
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,085 Moderator
    I have had the same problem with my watch which is less than 12 months old. Even the reset will not work!! I keep going round in circles. thoroughly fed up with this device. Ready to ditch and get a refund

Hi Pindersfish,

I would advise you to get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to help you further in this manner. You can click on the 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/email them.

Regards,
    lampard
  • Andy1248Andy1248 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I also have exactly the same problem as those posts above. Various resets have not helped the watch always returns to the locked computer screen and will not do anything.

I also have great difficulty in contacting customer support the web page does not work.

I would like to get this watch fixed as it is only 2 months old. Alternative is to chuck it in the bin and buy a decent GPS watch.
  • LabadieLabadie Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    same here, just got the watch saturday morning played one round, wanted to sync/upload score to my computer and nothing, just reset/update course loop...
  • Peter 10Peter 10 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had the same problem, started using watch 2 Jan and it locked up 19 Jan. Software says there is a problem, reset and load golf courses again and software still says there is a problem and starts all over again. I am stuck in a loop. TomTom customer service says it is a known problem and a fix is expected Wednesday 24th Jan 2018 latest.
  • LabadieLabadie Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    let's hope they fix it today (as it is the 24th of Jan). I'll be playing either Friday or Saturday and would love for it to work again...
  • Peter 10Peter 10 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Checked again with TomTom Wednesday 24th at 15:22. No solution yet, they have a big team working on it or so I was told.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,777
    Community Manager
    Peter 10 wrote:
    I had the same problem, started using watch 2 Jan and it locked up 19 Jan. Software says there is a problem, reset and load golf courses again and software still says there is a problem and starts all over again. I am stuck in a loop. TomTom customer service says it is a known problem and a fix is expected Wednesday 24th Jan 2018 latest.
    I’m afraid the reply that you received from Customer Support can be misleading. With the update mentioned to you we meant a status update. Our teams are working very hard on this issue but unfortunately there is not yet a fix that we can release. We understand that the current situation is disappointing and we are working on releasing a fix within the coming two weeks.
  • DK1DK1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have exactly the same problem as above, watch appears to be stuck when it comes to updating golf courses. I've tried Fix It and Reset four times and it always stops and reports a fault when trying to load courses.

This is my first TomTom product as I've always been a Garmin man. I've had a Garmin S1 for years and it has never let me down, thought that the TT Golfer would be a nice upgrade, how wrong was I. I now have a watch that doesn't work!!

Come on TomTom sort this out and instill some confidence in me for your products.