Lost all the map after the update - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Lost all the map after the update

2»

Comments

• deezzeedeezzee Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    can anyone tell me how to download just the UK and Ireland maps please. Losing the will to live as been working on my Go 50 for the last 6 hours now and it's still got nothing on it!
  • pastyfacepastyface Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same problems with my Go 40 which was working perfectly until I updated it. How do I install just the UK map without having to buy it? Judging by this forum it appears to be the Western Europe map (with a lifetime subscription!!!!) on my machine that is causing the problems... I think the least Tomtom could do is supply the UK/Ireland map for free as an interim fix until the debug the currupted file...
  • alienfocusalienfocus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Map disappeared after update on my TomTom Go 50. Spend 4 hours now to find a solution. Tried everything, nothing works. Can't reach help center :(. This go 50 is terrible. Only problems with this thing. The last Tom I ever bought.
  • le grimpeurle grimpeur Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The same here with my Go 5000.......
  • alienfocusalienfocus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :
  • QureshiQureshi Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Lost maps after the update...
  • QureshiQureshi Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    managed to reinstall UK & Ireland...Europe update failed
  • A-Tad-AnnoyedA-Tad-Annoyed Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Still no advice on their webpage, you need to ring customer services and ask for a solution. They should be able to give access to different versions (individual countries with out buildings) that don't have the same issues.
    United Kingdom: 02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • le grimpeurle grimpeur Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    what will TomTom do with this big problem. Not only here in Holland, but all over the world there are problems with this last update. Cann't go back and cannot use the device now. Come on, TomTom, give us your solution ASAP......
  • peerke63peerke63 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    After trying to update my GO6100 I found my device did not see the SD-cardreader anymore... so the large Europe-file with buildings could not be installed anymore... too big :(
    Tried other sd-cards but none worked
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

This issue has now been solved! :D For more information, please see here.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience while we've worked on the fix!

Cheers, Mikko
  • viktorkorbutviktorkorbut Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    PLEASE HELP!
    Bought the tomtom GO50 with lifetime maps. Tried to update yesterday but said not enough room delete info to make room which i did now I HAVE NO MAPS AT ALL. What is going on?!!!
    How can i re-install the maps on my device without having to buy them. Someone please help me before i get a mallet and smash it to pieces.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Viktor,

Please, see the instructions I've posted here.

Should that not help you solve the problem, please contact Customer Service for further assistance. As mentioned above, the issue with some of the v980 maps has been solved and you're problem is likely caused by something else. Customer Service will be able to get to the bottom of it and advise you accordingly :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Brian2800Brian2800 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I am an oldie, How do you clear the cache.
    I cannot get the "menu" to work on my GO50
    How do you stop mydrive upating the wrong map

regards
    Brian
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,879
    Superuser
    @Brian2800

Log into MyDriveConnect, the click on the flag in the top right, it should be a Union Jack in your case.
    Select the "Downloads" tab from the menu screen, and then click on "Empty download folder" then click "save settings"
    08c4b309-3f0c-4ccc-8166-b0de9663a295.jpg
  • Sat SystemsSat Systems Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same happened to me when I went to update the updates I was informed were available for my TomTom Go 6000, 3 in all including updates for my maps. Yes great, all maps have now been erased from my TomTom, thus leaving me with a CLEAN system that is presently rendered unusable. Hope TomTom come up with a solution soon as my device is, sorry WAS used daily.
  • viktorkorbutviktorkorbut Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    now been solved!:8:$
  • AdiiaAdiia Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I try to install the latest version and fail,now I didn't have acces to the menu to turn Go WIFI in the Gps device neither the old map. what can I do or how long we have to wait for Map which is not corrupted ?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • Ronb28Ronb28 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Asked by Tomtom to update my Go 950 Live then lost all Europe maps contacted no help desk told my device obsolete would I like to buy new one at 25% yippee.This is planned obsolescence Apple are being prosecuted for this so should Tomtom.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    Hi @Ronb28

Did you do a backup before trying the update.

If you look on here can you see your unit as being declared Obsolete. Check the first 2 Letters of the serial number. I suspect it is not obsolete

Doug
  • prwhitemanprwhiteman Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    NO I didn't do a back up..My bad but that shouldn't allow tomtom to delete my maps just abandon a lifelong customer ... this is my fourth TomTom I have bought and used, I was persuaded to buy this one as it had "LIFETIME MAPS" inc .... what a joke ??
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    HI @prwhiteman

Maps are not deleted by Tomtom. When you do an update part of the procedure is that the existing map is deleted to make space for the replacement map. With the limited space on your GO520 you will appreciate that is necessary. If there is an interruption to the update process then the no map available situation can be the result.

If you purchased your unit and it has Lifetime Maps then Tomtom have clearly stated that they will continue to honour that commitment. Have you tried the following procedure to try and restore the map to your unit.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Doug
  • cata_bordeicata_bordei Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello.

Please help me in reinstalling the latest Europe Map (v. 10.11) on my TomTom Start20.
    I tried yesterday to update the map with Europe Zone 6 , but the cable accidentally was disconnected from device and the initial Europe map was erased from it. In my account, with Mydrive Connect, the map also disappeared and I can't find it any more on my device or my account. I didn't made any backup of the old map.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.